Home Non Cigar Related

Stupid man challenge!!

Comments

• wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    My girl wants some to induce  when its time
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys things are on hold till the next batch ripens...these things are more in demand then I thought lol but be sure the people who pm'd me will get a package asap 
    Money can't buy taste
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brother Lee, your package has landed.

Now, all I have to do is find my misplaced cajones, and start filming the proof-video.

I may be in the running for the next Darwin award.  Maybe I should smoke those five gorgeous CC's you sent along first, just in case I don't survive or my taste buds are permanently fried.

Thank you!  (I think)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    My dog ate the peppers...   just like he used to eat my homework.  <wink>
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    My dog ate the peppers...   just like he used to eat my homework.  <wink>
    When did you get a dog, Peter?? <double wink>  :p
    This was supposed to be in the last post...
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Peter - The thing about pepper plants is they continue to produce more peppers. I'm sure a suitable replacement can be sent. <triple wink> By the way that's a beautiful photo. The colors and composition is just stunning. You should have it enlarged and framed.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Nice
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
    Hahahahaaaa dear Peter the peppers I sent are not the hottest ones I'm growing...so your dog might be in trouble! But I hope you enjoy the cigars and I hope you try to grow your own peppers since it's fun and addicting watching them grow. But good luck with the challenge!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I grow 'em every year, but nothing hotter than a habanero. 

It seems like it takes a few weeks to acclimate to the way they fry my mouth - first ones off the plant aren't as hot generally - and then in a month when they get hotter, I'm used to it, but I still wouldn't eat a moruga or bhut.

If I get someone who wants to do the stupid-man challenge, I'll tell them pick any pepper you want, I'll bite off the first half and you bite off the rest.   Hehehe... most peppers have more heat toward the stem it seems, maybe there are more ribs/thicker flesh?

I was an adult sponsor for many years in my then-church's youth group.  Late summer or Fall, any cookouts or retreats, I'd always have a ziplock full of peppers to eat with the meals.  Invariably, one of the teenage boys would ask, "Are those hot?"  I tell him yup, very hot.  So he'd have to show off and try one, which in turn would have a half dozen other tough guys say they want one too.  Wasn't long there'd be a bunch of sobbing tough guys regretting it.  Great fun!

Ohhh, youth group function in two weeks.  This would be a great idea, except I'll probably only have wussy boys who won't try it.  They've all heard stories from my kids about my random "try this" food explorations from when they were little.  "Hot" banana peppers may not be hot to me, but they are to a six year old!  And cumquats are really sour to anyone, but to an 8 year old not expecting it...well, I wish I had pictures of that one.

I used to go to this Thai restaurant in the LA area.  I'd have to send in Asian friends to order for me, because they wouldn't make it hot enough for the white guy.  I can't eat like that any more, though, so I'll have to pass.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Hello.  My name is Peter.  And I'm stoopid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3J1uNn0LnA&feature=youtu.be

Well, it's been an hour since the video was shot, and I'm close to recovering.  I invented a new cocktail this evening- brandy and cream soda (very good! and paired well w/ my Inferno) - so while my inhibitions were still low, it seemed like as good a time as any to get this over with.

Eating it wasn't all that bad, similar in effect to a habanero; they burn real bad, but the effect is much shorter-lived than some peppers.  It was having this fire-bomb churning in my stomach that was actually the most discomforting.  We'll find out if that was the worst, or if the worst is yet to come tomorrow, if you know what I mean.

Thanks again, Lee, ol' buddy.  For the seeds and the glorious sticks, I say thank you.  For the opportunity to perhaps bring a chuckle to the S/BOTL's here, again, I say thank you.

• ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Nice video. Maybe Alan and I should do a twin challenge and see who could eat more of them.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Hello.  My name is Peter.  And I'm stoopid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3J1uNn0LnA&feature=youtu.be

Well, it's been an hour since the video was shot, and I'm close to recovering.  I invented a new cocktail this evening- brandy and cream soda (very good! and paired well w/ my Inferno) - so while my inhibitions were still low, it seemed like as good a time as any to get this over with.

Eating it wasn't all that bad, similar in effect to a habanero; they burn real bad, but the effect is much shorter-lived than some peppers.  It was having this fire-bomb churning in my stomach that was actually the most discomforting.  We'll find out if that was the worst, or if the worst is yet to come tomorrow, if you know what I mean.

Thanks again, Lee, ol' buddy.  For the seeds and the glorious sticks, I say thank you.  For the opportunity to perhaps bring a chuckle to the S/BOTL's here, again, I say thank you.

Let me be the first to say nicely done, Peter, my man. I'm impressed. I'll say a little prayer for your nether regions in the morning....   B)
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great video @peter4jc. Did you follow that pepper up with a Cuban? 
    Peter your the man!! And just so everyone knows he took that like a champ them damn peppers are hot!!!! Nicely done!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like it was hotter that you let on, Peter.  You are very calm. Good job!  I can handle a little spice, but that would definitely kick my ass. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe how slowly you ate that.  Peter you got some balls. And yes you are stupid. Thanks for taking one for the team.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I had kinda forgotten about this .Been super busy with getting my truck on the road and some other life happenings ,So when I got this package today atfirst I was like ???!!!>>  Then I remembered ooh yeah @Lee.mcglynn sent me those peppers!!! And of course he sent some extremely unnecessary body guards!!!!!! This will be my first Opus X !!! Looking forward to igniting that one !!! All I can say is thank you brother!!!! Son and I are looking forward to hitting up those peppers too!!!imageimage
    no matter where you go, there you are.

Well I had kinda forgotten about this .Been super busy with getting my truck on the road and some other life happenings ,So when I got this package today atfirst I was like ???!!!>>  Then I remembered ooh yeah @Lee.mcglynn sent me those peppers!!! And of course he sent some extremely unnecessary body guards!!!!!! This will be my first Opus X !!! Looking forward to igniting that one !!! All I can say is thank you brother!!!! Son and I are looking forward to hitting up those peppers too!!!

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic review Peter!  You sir are a champ. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, @peter4jc, that was great, I can't believe how steady you remained! Thanks for sharing.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That video was fantastic,
    @peter4jc

@twistedstem

Are you going to post a video also?
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    Thanks, lady and gentlemen.  My main goal was to not let the heat upset my composure, and I almost succeeded. 

It was hard to pass up a challenge like this, with the 5 CC's that Lee put up as the reward; so now the question is, am I the stupidest man alive, or the wisest?  LOL.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You did that challenge like a champ. I wonder what I'll look like doing it on vherf.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Great video @peter4jc !

I remember eating a hot pepper like that once. Once.
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @peter4jc
    Beast mode on the pepper brutha you enjoyed some glutinous punishment. I couldn't do it and us Cajuns like spice
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    Growing up, I remember my grandfather telling stories of when he was a young man in Hungary, and the pepper eating contests he had with his buddies.  I think that sunk into my subconscious, so it became a natural thing to do the same.  Luckily, I never get the afterburner effects the next morning.

okay so today with my lunch I diced up one the Carolina reapers lee sent me!!! H@!* C%@&amp; they are HOT!!!!!! one spoonful in and my nose started running!!!!imageimageimage

okay so today with my lunch I diced up one the Carolina reapers lee sent me!!! H@!* C%@&amp; they are HOT!!!!!! one spoonful in and my nose started running!!!!