Home General Discussion

Is it just me or...

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does it seem like since the forums have changed formats guys are posting less? I also notice this on another forum I belong to. Hadn't been there in a while and I popped in after a few months and I barely missed a thing. Is it a trend? Am I paranoid and in need of a tinfoil hat? 

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely less traffic lately
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    The forum update def took its toll on the old timers. A few of us have tried to get em back
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a graveyard on here some days. It's kind of crazy. We complained about how antiquated the forum was, then get an upgrade and people don't like it. Of course it's going to be different. 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In short yes, but in long no.  What I mean by this is that those that have been contributing for some time still are, for the most part.  We've lost a few members over time but that is to be expected.  In my opinion anyone who left due to format is strait good riddens.  Format should not matter to true friends.  From what I see people have adapted.  This is strictly my opinion.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, J not trying to be rude but when was the last time you dropped a bomb?  That might help bring the posts up.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe because it's summer?  
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    This is at least part of it.  I think the recent hostilities directed against JD50ae took their toll as well.  Whether you were tolerant enough to read his stuff or not, he did keep things lively.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    jsnake said:
    Does it seem like since the forums have changed formats guys are posting less? I also notice this on another forum I belong to. Hadn't been there in a while and I popped in after a few months and I barely missed a thing. Is it a trend? Am I paranoid and in need of a tinfoil hat? 
    Jake! Wassup? Yea, I was a little shocked by the forum overhaul at first. I haven't been on here for about a year. My forum absence is just due to life. Kids are getting older, more stuff going on, and I haven't really been keeping up on the industry news. But I want to get back into it. I've been neglecting this hobby that is something I really enjoy. I need to re-invigorate my passion for cigars, so to speak.

I see you're still a Viaje-ho, so not much has changed!! LOL!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    Also, J not trying to be rude but when was the last time you dropped a bomb?  That might help bring the posts up.
    @jsnake .... looks like Patrick needs some Viaje my man
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

This is at least part of it.  I think the recent hostilities directed against JD50ae took their toll as well.  Whether you were tolerant enough to read his stuff or not, he did keep things lively.
    Yeah I miss ol' jd, maybe he's busy advising Trump, lol.  
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I noticed alot has changed... this format has been a little hard for me to get used to, but not a quitting point.

I miss JD... i sent a bomb awhile back and got a nice letter in return. very opinionated guy, but a nice fellow overall. wish him well.

But i do agree this place is tooo quiet. I had been gone since december and pretty much caught all the way back up in  few hours. kinda sad...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    .........  In my opinion anyone who left due to format is strait good riddens.  Format should not matter to true friends.  From what I see people have adapted.  This is strictly my opinion.

When you state that people leaving is "good riddens" (sic), that's a rather harsh statement.  Some people may find navigating a new forum frustrating,  others and may not be as computer savvy as many of the computer wizards that visit the forums here.
     They may want to be active participants, but don't feel comfortable with these changes. To dismiss them with a comment like the one to chose is, well, discourteous.

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think it would be more so in winter not summer. Guys don't smoke much in winter months. It isn't just here though. My other favorite forum is real slow too.

As for me I am just super busy. One kid just finished his first year of college. Daughter is doing Girl Scouts and dance. My 15 year old has been non stop with football a week after school got out. 5 year old starts football next month. My 2 year old keeps me feeling young. Wife and I smoke often but my buying and games has slowed way down. Work is crazy busy whic is great. Remodeled a ton of stuff in the house and working on more.

I do miss the interaction. Been brainstorming on how to stir something up here. I really need to look at stocking back up on a variety of sticks. Been smoking the heck out of Viaje stash this year.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't the format for me. It was life in general. 
    The other thing for me is that so many of the topics covered are rehashed so many times that I got bored of answering the same questions over and over. I get that new people need those answers but after I do it 56 times I don't feel like it again. 
    To a degree I have got everything I will ever get out of this forum if I am using it as a learning tool. 
    If I want to move forward in my cigar growth of knowledge u need to put more effort into it than is reasonable to do. It makes it feel like work. Cigars are something I don't want to ever feel like work. 

I still pop in because the people that tend to show up here are awesome but I find I have little to say.

I will try and make it in more and share what I know more in an attempt to get this place rolling again, but I am not everything to this forum. I'm just some guy who loves cigars. 

Those who love this place like I do need to step it up to so that some fresh blood can course through the veins of the forum. 

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try and share cuz I like interaction. I can say this; I am not JD, in case anyone was thinking I was.

I probably share too much, so if I have offended the old timers of Ccom, I apologize.

I swear I am not trying to bug people or to drive people away. I don't post political stuff, incendiary stuff, etc.

Hopefully I ain't contributing negatively to the site. Someone PM if I am mucking things up?

Thanks,
    Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too, I can count my "in person" smoking buddies on just one hand. and a year ago I moved away from all but one of them. This forum has always been a place of refuge to get away from the so-called normal people. You know?, the non-cigar weirdos. Since moving to a more urban setting I've visited a few B&Ms within a 30 minute drive and enjoyed the company of other cigar lovers but, this place is where I hang out almost every day. I was on vherf just last Sunday and I had never been on vherf with these particular guys before but we already knew each other. We already had a connection. 

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I love ccom family.  MI Familia hugs xoxo 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll try and post more,........... unless,......... I should post less.

Haha.

PM me if you want less. 
    you guys are nutz.

you shouldnt even think that you may be a part of any kind of problem.

its the internet and the 2000s, thick skin is almost mandatory anymore.

Its hard to post here much more then what we do for fear of just being a big fat post ****... but i really dont care, im gonna try and post myself silly to see if we can get this place rolling again.

we need a last minute christmas in july... wheres mr hanky>?

This is where i come when Im smoking or if im bored... which is why I have so many posts. I have no life though
    -- Winston Churchill

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just here for the badges 
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    This is where i come when Im smoking or if im bored... which is why I have so many posts. I have no life though
    why you have so many post....

i guess its all perception.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16 said:

The other thing for me is that so many of the topics covered are rehashed so many times that I got bored of answering the same questions over and over.

This.
    I was a newb once too so, I get it. People have questions. But reading the same ones over and over, well.... I keep checking because the people here are great and I still pick up a thing or two from time to time.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I wish the reviews section got more love.  We tried to get group reviews going, but there seems to be very limited interest (I missed a few of them too, so I'm just as bad as anyone).  

I always thought that the reviews seemed to get little attention or discussion, and the group thing I think has a lot of potential.  

I'd love to see more review type pairings threads.  I have really enjoyed the booze threads and there is a lot of great info on bourbon and scotch here.   A couple pairings threads have come and gone, but maybe we can get a good one going... 

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Reading all the above post's makes me realize you're just like my friends and my family, lol.  Love you all.
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more pics in Bum of the week.  That's where i spend the majority of my time.....
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no shops, no lounges and I'm out in the middle of nowhere so, this is my social outlet. Yeah the new format, not sure what it is...I miss the colors I guess and I still can't figure out the "quote" thingee. I can tell you I've made some the best friends ever here. But when your group starts dropping off for whatever reason... It's sad.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Hi Jim! Indeed life gets in the way sometimes. Work, women, children, moving, etc... cut into the smoking time. Yes, moving, so my old address is no good. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things around here. Looks like I have my 3 "mystery sticks" arriving in the next couple days.
    The shizz has arrived!