Home General Discussion
Options

Zoe Elizabeth

NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
7 lb 10 Oz 
19 3/4 inches
Born 10-20 6:42am

She will be on an itubater for at least the first  day.
She is healthy, but she came out of mom a little early and took too much air in fast so she could Holla at the world. Any way she is progressing and slowly getting the breathing thing down. Tomorrow she can come to the room and snuggle. Will post up a pic when she gets off the breathing thingy.  Welcome to the big sleazy Zoe!!!
"Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congratulations on the new edition to the family. I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well.
  • Options
    james40 said:
    Congratulations on the new edition to the family. I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well.
    Just got some time to have a celebratory stogie. That was a brutal. 20 hrs of labor. Danni should be sainted. It's all worth it in the long run. Momma's resting. Baby Zoe's resting. Daddy Mikie is smoking.
    It's been a long 2 days holy crap. I'm a little loopy but I'll be ok.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats bro!!
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! 
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoo hoo! Congrats man. 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!! Worst part of labor is the hunger :) 20+ hours without eating sucks!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    I would like to know how anyone agreed with Kelly. Like any of you turds know. Lol
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Usaf06 said:
    I would like to know how anyone agreed with Kelly. Like any of you turds know. Lol
    Dude I'm with Danielle hearing how hungry she is... it was me  :D

She ordered 1 of every color of jello today. Still waiting for real food.
  • Options
    Haha
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Well, I hope you get her something yummy when she can eat! All I wanted was Taco Bell and there wasn't one near the hospital and it was 9:54pm when he was born, so close to 11 before my husband could go get me food so I had limited choices. Ended up getting giant McDonald's and was too tired to eat much at that point. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    I got it made. She wants pizza hut. They deliver. Glad her family is here hovering around long enough for me to get one of these Fuente "it's a girl" stogies in with her dad.  B)
    Headed back in.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! 
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Great news.  I am facing the other end with my first headed to college next year.  Not sure how I feel about that.  Enjoy everything, it is a blur.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to you and your wife Mikie, it's now full-time all the time but worth it!!
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is so awesome, Mikie!

I guess Elizabeth makes for a better middle name than Tatuaje, but I know if you had your way...  :smile: 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations for mommie and you, Mikie. Glad to hear all is well. Now the work begins.....   :p
  • Options
    Edna20 said:
    Well, I hope you get her something yummy when she can eat! All I wanted was Taco Bell and there wasn't one near the hospital and it was 9:54pm when he was born, so close to 11 before my husband could go get me food so I had limited choices. Ended up getting giant McDonald's and was too tired to eat much at that point. 
    Got her something sparkly as a "push present" Mommy can look pretty and feel pretty after all that work.

• Options
    You're doing well so far! I got a Microsoft Surface as my push present, lol. It was sparkly too. Good times, miss having a newborn...sort of. They are fun to watch as they grow too, but not as snuggly as a newborn baby :)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    peter4jc said:

I guess Elizabeth makes for a better middle name than Tatuaje, but I know if you had your way...  :smile: 
    Viaje Tatuaje Gizmo, I like it. Better than Chalupa Batman ;)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    Edna20 said:
    peter4jc said:

Viaje Tatuaje Gizmo, I like it. Better than Chalupa Batman ;)
    OMG I am crying laughing that's hilarious!
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to you and your wife Mike!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Mikey.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!  Remember, in about 16 years or so, someone just like you will be at your door asking her out.  Smack him!
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
     Congratulations Mikie, is this your first? Glad to hear that everyone is doing good, I will burn something nice (Tat of course) as a celebratory gesture for Zoe tonight.   
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!  I feelz you as much as a guy can.  My wife was 22.5 hours in active labor with the first.  Both kids were in NICU because mom's Type 1.  The first was in for several days.  Can't imagine what she went through.

If it makes you feel any better our second took less than 2 hours...

And at least you didn't fall into the trap that a friend of mine did.  He was trying to be encouraging and said, "come on, baby, if I can do it, you can do it."
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats.  
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Mikie. Glad everyone is doing well.  
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cute!  I'd seriously have a dozen more kids if I could
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."