Options

Dumbest thing done while drunk

13»

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets just say that 40 years ago

Shanghaiing

was alive and well in the Baltimore harbor.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    What an interesting thread...

I haven't been drunk in years, but find my ability to do immensely stupid things remains intact.
    Hee hee. Probably all that coffee you drink, eh??

Just kidding, Peter. You certainly have no monopoly on the doing of immensely stupid things....  :p
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sign hangs in my kitchen 

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does getting married count?  I told you, cops are serial marriers!
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^deserves a thread of its own^^^^^^
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @YankeeMan
    Both my parents were cops all my life, as well as aunts, uncles, cousins, and nephews.....I come from a family with a long history of law enforcement involvement.

You couldn't be more correct.
    But that's just one of the hazards of the job, along with alcoholism, depression and eventual suicide.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    22 yrs old....went out with a crew of guys from my hockey team after a game. Beer, shots, and darts were had in excess. 
    Fast forward to the next morning. I'm in a strange bed in a room I don't recognize and the girl sleeping next to me was snoring to wake the dead. I'm really not this shallow of a person now, but she was OMG, I'd rather chew my own arm off than wake her, ugly! I quietly dressed and left. I had NO idea where I was, where my car was, or what flipping day it was.......I walked for a few blocks and found a gas station, I can still see the look on th guys face when I asked him where I was.!
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... but she was OMG, I'd rather chew my own arm off than wake her, ugly!.

Image result for doesnt matter had sex
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

My stupid azz drunk was when I was pretty young and can not remember being drunk since.  The year was 1978 and I was stationed at Ft. Lewis, Wa.  We went to the field in Yakima Firing Center for several weeks.  Mail Call was that afternoon and I received my Income Tax return check. Cashed it at the NCO club and proceeded to order one Tequila Sunrise after another. They brought them in plastic cups and I had a pretty high stack of them on the table.  Thought to myself, crap I cant even get drunk.  Stood up to return to the barracks and my feet went numb and it went straight up to my head. Felt like my hair was standing up, then I realized that I was no longer standing. Got up went out the door and fell down the three steps leaving the club. Staggered, fell and for a unknown distance crawled toward the barracks. Was so ill the next day I had to go on sick call. The medic put me on an IV and quarters for the day. First Sergeant was not amused accept for watching me cringe as he chewed me out.  One and only time I really got drunk in my life.

I am seeing a pattern here, it has Tequila in it

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Yeah, that kind of thing happens unless you eat the worm.....   :p
  • Options
    ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Well,..

There was that time I got kicked off an Air Force base in Hawaii for mooning Shore Patrol (beer)...

Less fun was my puking tour in the Gaslight district in San Diego (Irish Car bombs)...

That time I got cut-off at a dive bar. Twice. On the same night. And still had a drink at last call. (Maker's Mark, my fave Whisky)...

That time I got my friend arrested when he got pulled over because I wasn't wearing a seatbelt. We got drunk and decided to go to Rocky Horror. From what I was told, we determined who would drive by fighting. I had already been discharged at that point, but he got Mast, where the co told him i was "a Bad Influence".

And of course, my own little run-ins with the law. And why I don't drink anymore.

Seriously, Don't Drink and Drive.
    ¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata
  • Options
    TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    @Emcee ~ I think that's my favorite drunk story yet!!! <3 A very happy ending!

As for a reoccurring theme: I just know I won't let any of my kids see this thread until they're out of their 20's!!!
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TaraLee

We want to hear your story now!
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I broke up with my girlfriend long distance after tying one on with my Bros from college.  I broke up with her at least three times before I married her.  We've been married 18 years so far.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭

Streaked Bourbon Street in New Orleans, cops chasing me.  Fortunately, back then I had world class speed and easily outran them.

Second, was running shirtless down the centerline of Duval Street in Key West.  I guess I thought there were too many people on the sidewalk.

Third was standing on a brick wall chugging my third bottle of wine during a very classy Christmas celebration at the French ski resort Superdevoluy screaming at the top of my lungs "Je suis le grand fromage!!!" repeatedly.

I'm sure there's a lot more than that.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I am the great cheese? Or big cheese. My french is a little shaky. At any rate you are @clearlysuspect
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Maybe not the dumbest but certainly not too bright - 

i got invited to a Polish wedding in Detroit back in the early '50s. The Polish folks really knew how to do a wedding reception. I was all decked out in my tightly pegged pants and sport.coat and a pork pie hat. Man, I thought I looked cool. 

Since the booze was free, I decided to drink all I could. Later, when I felt I needed a short nap, I crawled up across the hood of some guy's car near the windshield with my head kinda hanging slightly off the driver's side of the hood in case I decided to be sick. Smart thinking, I decided. 

Sometime later, my hat fell off and a passing car ran over it. Luckily, I didn't toss my cookies on it though. I was p issed off enough just having a flat hat..... 
  • Options
    Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Streaked Bourbon Street in New Orleans, cops chasing me.  Fortunately, back then I had world class speed and easily outran them.

Second, was running shirtless down the centerline of Duval Street in Key West.  I guess I thought there were too many people on the sidewalk.

Third was standing on a brick wall chugging my third bottle of wine during a very classy Christmas celebration at the French ski resort Superdevoluy screaming at the top of my lungs "Je suis le grand fromage!!!" repeatedly.

I have a Duval Street story......just not one I should ever tell.....fun place though
  • Options
    I, too, know Duval Street. I was stationed in Key West in late '54 and '55. Musta been 400 bars on that street. Bars upstairs over bars, bars in basements of bars, .....  the navy's Fleet Sonar School was just off Duval street a block or two....   B)
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay6 said:

I have a Duval Street story......just not one I should ever tell.....fun place though
    My favorite part of key west was getting up at dawn, firing up a cigar and just wandering around the side streets. I love that old architecture.