Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The White Elephant Banter Thread

bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
All right guys, now that the White Elephant "contest" is underway I thought it might be a good idea to start a White Elephant Banter thread (with Tony's permission) to help keep things clean and organized for Tony in the actual contest thread.

Post all your banter and &$#% talk here. This will help in a few ways:

1) It will help keep the notifications that Tony gets regarding the contest to a minimum.

2) It will make it easier for everyone to follow what letters are being picked and what's been stolen.

3) Some people just like to talk &$?%#! and engage in banter

Hope this helps.

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get your hearts set on a letter, because I plan on stealing packages every chance I get.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent a bunch of RP and ghurka so you can steal all too you want  :D
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I sent a bunch of RP and ghurka so you can steal all too you want  :D

Damn you went all out, all I sent were White Owl and grape Swishers
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    U all better not be taking any of my letters............See what I did there?

Or did I................

I pick blue.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    During hell(winter) I like to relax with some wet food whilst wearing technicolor socks from the Liberace line. Therefore, my first letters could be... D.... Z..... R
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Love all the reveals so far. Can't wait for the steal parade to get underway. Curious to see how the strategies work out. For the lots that you know will get stolen three times, it will be interesting to see who does the second steal knowing that someone else is taking it for the third and final time.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    I'm going to steal more than Ricky Henderson..................
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling round 3 is going to get real interesting. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

@someone, you done got real lucky as Ricky saw a heater right down the middle and swung for the fences; Ricky loves lead off homeruns. Now that the game has gotten under way, Ricky is ONLY interested in stealing. Be careful of what you say about your picks as Ricky is always listening.........
    Lol, Todd, I just can't wait until someone reveals your submissions. You sent a stick that might be the first to get stolen three times.
    I was wondering why no one wanted my cigars, I thought I sent a good one or two. You're not talking about the Cherry Woodtipped PhillyBackwoodSweets I sent, are you?
    I was actually referencing the Peach, not the Cherry.
    edited January 2016
    SleevePlz said:
    I was actually referencing the Peach, not the Cherry.
    Ooops, my bad......

Move along people, nothing to see here.......
    Not nearly enough trash talk here. On a polite side, I'm really happy with how fast this is moving along. I thought we might get one or two turns per day, but we're really knocking them out left and right. Might need to hit up the PO for some flat rates sooner than later for return shipping!
    Another day goes by without  anyone wanting my cigars. I think I'm going to go home and cry silently in the corner for  bit.

I know there is some trash out there so who's  man enough to bring it in here?
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody wants your old crusty cigars Todd. Go home and leave me to my Ghurkas
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just tell me the letters Todd....
    Yeah let us know so we don't pick those nasty yellow things
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Seriously guys,  you think I can't see what you're doing here. Giving me charity trash talk? Why don't you throw an interesting pity hug while you're at it?

*secretly sheds a tear and feels all warm inside

Jim / Brad @Bigshizza @avengethis the letters are I O U 

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, he is onto us.  
    Today is a wonderful and glorious day. I'm liked, I'm really really liked. 

Somebody got a piece last night.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

No, this morning at 7:35. It came from Florida.......  :)
    Y'all aren't stealing nearly enough or talking any trash whatsoever. 

So while I have a captive audience, how about some feedback in case anyone tries to do one of these again. What should we change? Only two rounds with lots of three cigars each? Is the spreadsheet working well for everyone? Should we have planned an evening to have everyone be online at the same time so turns can happen quickly and encourage more interaction, maybe even do a vherf simultaneously?

Throw out some thoughts now that we've actually done this a little so that we can make the next time even better!
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Single steal. Or 1 less steal from the outside looking in

"Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a blast, but that's just because I got Nick's Tat Mexican! And it is all about strategy! You really never want to be the second steal, if its something you really want, cause the next person can take it away for good. Also, is it really over when everything is revealed? Or do we keep stealing until it gets to the 3d steal? I like it so far! Thanks Teach! @SleevePlz
    I wouldn't mind doing a 4th round that when your turn comes you can pass or steal
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

I've got no issues with it so far EXCEPT it took too long for my cigars to be unveiled.  They are already old enough  damn it.

Yo, @SleevePlz I really like the game.