Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The White Elephant Banter Thread

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a mistake to put @bandyt09 at the END of every round....j/k... I like the game, don't know who's got what when...
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it as well. Maybe put a limit on the number of steals each player gets?
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    It was a mistake to put @bandyt09 at the END of every round....j/k... I like the game, don't know who's got what when...
    Shizz me Jim........

How's that for some trash talk.......
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I like it as well. Maybe put a limit on the number of steals each player gets?
    Why not just do away with rule 6 too! I like the stealing part, at least until someone steals what I want!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    I like the game, don't know who's got what when...

This spreadsheet should help. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CeeHQMBJ_S_8FuJ75OX-5U9wFWuQ_Lb3pTxXL9DpNw0/edit?usp=sharing
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say maybe only 1 steal....or there needs to be more collaboration amongst the participants. Strategy on your own is tough, nobody wants to steal the second time because you know that won't help you, but you might do it to help a friend out. Plus all the cigars have been so good that maybe everyone is happy just revealing and taking what they get. Either way, I've still enjoyed it!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
    @avengethis I see you're wanting my cigars now............... Great steal, IMO 
    I don't know of anyone even reads this thread but, FYI, of the 5 remaining unrevealed packs, 2 of them are mine......You may want to pick packs before stealing......Just sayin
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe but your cigars are old and yellow wrappers that are gross.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Maybe but your cigars are old and yellow wrappers that are gross.
    Maybe I unwrapped these so no one will know if they are yellow or not...

I've got  nothing to say about them being old because EVERYONE would know I'm lying, lol
    I'm sure one of yours will be revealed here and stolen real quick.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Well you screwed up my plan of stealing all mine back as an epic bomb to send to some unsuspecting member here............ Thanks  :)  <3 U
    Todd, another of yours has been revealed. Hopefully your last one doesn't make it to the end with you going last. 
    I should point out that @onestrangeone and @avengethis have the other two unrevealed entries still on the board along with @bandyt09. Honestly, all three are very nice lots. Not trying to dissuade anyone from stealing other lots, but whoever uncovers the last letter to end the game will not be disappointed at all.
    bandyt09 said:
    I don't know of anyone even reads this thread but, FYI, of the 5 remaining unrevealed packs, 2 of them are mine......You may want to pick packs before stealing......Just sayin
    Damn it seems like days in between turns and I'm trying to find yo sticks Toddley
    U won't have to search much longer. However U may have to steal a letter when U get a chance.
    Dammit that was supposed to be in a PM!!!
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ends when the last letter is revealed?  I was thinking when all the packs are stolen 3 times.  Would drag it out longer, but definitely make it more interesting.
    Once the last letter is revealed, if anyone wants to do some trading before I send everything back, I'm okay with that. I'll make a list of what everyone is getting and I'll happily shift some things around if a couple of you come to an agreement. For all I know, Nick may not be a Kelner fan and doesn't want the three Avo/Zino sticks he currently has (as an example), but others would be thrilled with them. So when this ends, feel free to speak up in one of the threads or the group message if any of you are interested in swapping before I ship.
    Bigshizza said:
    I'm  sorry,  even though I was last in line WHO? ended the game?   <3
  • OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no abdolute ties to any of my picks so let me know if there is something that you want 
    I kind of like everything I ended up with.  I've been wanting to try the La Nox and Sobremesa so the fact I got both of those is awesome.  But I still got these 2 crappy old piles of dog doodoo from this @bandyt09  guy.  Why did we let him play again?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

I updated the spreadsheet with your cigars next to your name. If something doesn't look right, please let me know. It was a lot of copy and pasting, so a mistake could have happened. I plan to use it to determine what goes in each return box.
    Oneisnone said:
    I have no abdolute ties to any of my picks so let me know if there is something that you want 
    If you have interest in my E, Viaje Leaded & Reconquista feel free to swap any of your picks for them if they interest you. Viaje just doesn't do it for me.
  • OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09 said:
    Oneisnone said:
    If you have interest in my E, Viaje Leaded & Reconquista feel free to swap any of your picks for them if they interest you. Viaje just doesn't do it for me.
    I like the Leaded and have not tried the Req. You can choose what you want from my picks. Thank you. 
    Oneisnone said:
    bandyt09 said:
    Oneisnone said:
    I like the Leaded and have not tried the Req. You can choose what you want from my picks. Thank you. 
    Sounds good to me. If you like I'll have Tony  make the swap and have him pick one of your letters so it'll be a surprise  to both of us. If you're okay with that I'll let Tony know.
    @bandyt09 and @Oneisnone, I'll assume your semi-blindish trade is going through and package up accordingly. If not, let me know soon. I'm building boxes and sorting cigars tonight.
    SleevePlz said:
    @bandyt09 and @Oneisnone, I'll assume your semi-blindish trade is going through and package up accordingly. If not, let me know soon. I'm building boxes and sorting cigars tonight.
    Proceed with trade, thank you.

PM to you on a related but different subject.
    Shafty, may I trade mine for a hooker?
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    Shafty, may I trade mine for a hooker?
    Lmmfao
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."