Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Charlie's miscellany

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if mine does?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask for Elon musk
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Apparently Japan attacked the US mainland during WWII also. I've never heard this before. 

https://amp.freep.com/amp/4111349002?__twitter_impression=true

The most interesting part:

• Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard  this that they didn't attack just once but several times. All up and down the West coast. Just another lie the government has tried to hide.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options

• Options
    HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

@CharlieHeis so this is South Dakota's new logo for their campaign against meth huh?

• Options
    Yeah isn't that great? I'd like to know how many sets of eyes looked at that and thought that was a good idea. 
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon now...we gotta ship all this stuff they produce here somewhere....  It's the major industry in North Pole.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Stubble said:

This was a real thing btw. Google it.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:

This was a real thing btw. Google it.
    I did google it. South Dakota is really good with their PSA ad slogans. (And by "good" I mean hilariously weird.)
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And STILL no "groan" button...
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    A local Christmas display.

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I giggled at the "were on meth" campaign. Then I googled it and watched the video. Now I can't stop belly laughing.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/18/gov-kristi-noem-launches-anti-meth-campaign-meth-were-it/4227949002/

Holy crap, that's hilarious.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Who wrote the dialogue?

"It's everyone in South Dakota's problem."

Um, try, "it's everyone's problem in South Dakota."

I think that the ARE all on it....
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meth.    It's what's for breakfast in Pierre.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    I giggled at the "were on meth" campaign. Then I googled it and watched the video. Now I can't stop belly laughing.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/18/gov-kristi-noem-launches-anti-meth-campaign-meth-were-it/4227949002/

Holy crap, that's hilarious.
    I remember someone saying it was an out of state company that was responsible for this. They got us good but at least we only paid them a few hundred thousand for it.