Charlie's miscellany

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

@Patrickbrick said:
    He will be missed

I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea but I think people will realize what a great songwriter and storyteller he was if one ignores the top few songs one thinks of when they think of Jimmy Buffett

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't know how many times I saw him, middle 70s/early 80s. Living in Florida but it was guite a few.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd never heard of him. until the movie "Rancho Deluxe", they were the bar band. By the end of the week I had both his albums. There were only two then.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited September 2023

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I'd never heard of him. until the movie "Rancho Deluxe", they were the bar band. By the end of the week I had both his albums. There were only two then.

I have the soundtrack somewhere, I'll have to find it as I see it's not on Spotify. I am pretty sure I've seen the movie but I could be mistaken.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

He was worth a billion at his death.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

I found the full concert of Jimmy Buffett at Alpine Valley in 2019 and I'm watching it now. This was a great concert for us because we got our large group back together for the first time in years. Some of the people stopped going because kids and life getting in the way. It happens. Our group had dwindled down to three to five for a few years but we had about ten this year iirc. Alpine Valley tailgates were awesome as they open the gates at noon for an 8:00 concert and it could get kind of crazy.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I remember correctly the old Tangerine Bowl in Orlando, let you bring in coolers for concerts. So it was alcohol plus assorted party favors at those shows.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieHeis said:

Fascinating! Kyle Schwarber hit more leadoff homeruns this season than Tony Gwynn hit in his entire career!

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieHeis said:

Here's another sports one for you. Charlie

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn Charlie, I thought I was the only one smoking that wacky weed.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

As soon as they rotate, they are moving 🧐🤔😜

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.