Home General Discussion

Piss Poor Customer Service

amassiahamassiah Posts: 12
edited February 2016 in General Discussion

Brought a Cigar Starter set. If there were an option to give zero stars I would. Cigars came unpackaged and loose in humidor box. Cigars were dry, cello was ripped on the CAO I received and Cohiba had dents in it that you could feel. Humidor shows signs that fake veneer will start to peel. I called Sean customer service rep and told him that I thought I was getting a good deal and in fact I was not and he told me to return them but I would have to paid the shipping charges to return it to them, they would not generate a return label. Also they would not refund my shipping charges that I originally paid to get item. Checking policy they do not refund shipping charges which is BS but why do I also have to eat the money to return to company defective item sent to me.  So not happy I ask to speak to supervisor, his name is Dean and told he would not be in until Monday (I called on a Saturday). I get Dean and instead of being helpful he tells me the according to notes Sean said I told him everything was fine and I just wanted my money back and that he (Dean) could listen to audio recording to make sure I was not basically lying. I am now insulted but told him to listen to tape and call me back. He listen and now saids that I did not mention damaged and dry cigars until Sean refused to pay shipping. Also he (Dean) wants pictures of dry and falling apart cigars. I never said they were falling apart, they will, I said dry and cameras have not reach the technology to show "dry" yet. I guess I could have taken pictures of humidor but now I am pissed.  Zero customer service, do not buy from these guys. I left them words stating that instead of cigars they need to put something else in their mouth ( that's the clean version)

Post edited by amassiah on
«1

Comments

  • WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭

    Never had any type of issue like you describe. They have the best customer service in the business. I think the issue might be you and the way you approached the issue. You sound like someone who cannot be pleased.

  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a reason calls are recorded.  Once again some **** wants free **** gets denied then goes on an Internet rant.  As my dad (and many others of course) would say "you can't fix stupid". 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear your bad experience with CS. I purchased same starter set and everything came as expected and better then competitor set.

    For $29 I wasn't expecting much. My cigars were Lil dry but at least there was a humi pillow included (other set no pillow included). Do I wish I knew then what I do now? Yup sure do. 1 humi is a what's in my pockets catch all and the other is in my cooler.

    Of all my online purchases cigar.com is the best from several online I have done business with. Have had ZERO complaints and they have best packaging I've seen. 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone hacked DZR... he left a long time ago
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

    "LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your looking to start a humidor go to craigslist. Will find a much better one at a decent price. Buy a digital hygrometer with some heartfelt beads and start buying. Those samplers are mostly crap from any site. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

    "LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

  • WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭


    Impact to Cigar.com sales = null

    Not having to deal with you and your friends = priceless.....

  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are such bullies. Here we have a gentleman who has a legitimate problem with his sticks being dry and his cheap humidor being cheap. It is unfathomable that the company he ordered them from offered to refund all but the shipping as per their policies. What kind of business....

    I can't do it. I tried. Sorry, you're on your own...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

    At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • amassiahamassiah Posts: 12
    kswildcat said:
    Sorry to hear your bad experience with CS. I purchased same starter set and everything came as expected and better then competitor set.

    For $29 I wasn't expecting much. My cigars were Lil dry but at least there was a humi pillow included (other set no pillow included). Do I wish I knew then what I do now? Yup sure do. 1 humi is a what's in my pockets catch all and the other is in my cooler.

    Of all my online purchases cigar.com is the best from several online I have done business with. Have had ZERO complaints and they have best packaging I've seen. 
    I was not looking to get a Daniel Marshall or a Davidoff humidor. But I did expect better packaging, fresher cigars and courteous customer service when I called, not to be basically called a liar. 
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @danielzreyes is this your pseudo account? And then you posted a sock prawn photo to throw us off

    To the OP (if you aren't DZR in disguise):

    Exactly what @Usaf06 said. These starters are just that, a starter. I have bought, or encouraged my friends to buy no less than seven. Each one arrived as you described (loose sticks in a humi). Zero issues in those purchases. The deal is a good one. It is definitely a cheap price point, and present the buyer an opportunity to get a foot in the door without having to pay Daniel Marshall or Davidoff prices.

    I am sorry you had a bad go of it over the shipping. Sometimes the carriers can break stuff.

    -Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    amassiah said:
    kswildcat said:
    Sorry to hear your bad experience with CS. I purchased same starter set and everything came as expected and better then competitor set.

    For $29 I wasn't expecting much. My cigars were Lil dry but at least there was a humi pillow included (other set no pillow included). Do I wish I knew then what I do now? Yup sure do. 1 humi is a what's in my pockets catch all and the other is in my cooler.

    Of all my online purchases cigar.com is the best from several online I have done business with. Have had ZERO complaints and they have best packaging I've seen. 
    I was not looking to get a Daniel Marshall or a Davidoff humidor. But I did expect better packaging, fresher cigars and courteous customer service when I called, not to be basically called a liar. 
    Well good luck with your ventures. As I said, I've experienced top notch service, fair pricing and good packaging. Ccom is the only online source I've found to add humi pillow which is a nice touch.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. Not me. 
    Here's my message to you all before leave and quit cigars to start on my Vaping journey ...





    peace out
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • amassiahamassiah Posts: 12
    kswildcat said:
    amassiah said:
    kswildcat said:
    Sorry to hear your bad experience with CS. I purchased same starter set and everything came as expected and better then competitor set.

    For $29 I wasn't expecting much. My cigars were Lil dry but at least there was a humi pillow included (other set no pillow included). Do I wish I knew then what I do now? Yup sure do. 1 humi is a what's in my pockets catch all and the other is in my cooler.

    Of all my online purchases cigar.com is the best from several online I have done business with. Have had ZERO complaints and they have best packaging I've seen. 
    I was not looking to get a Daniel Marshall or a Davidoff humidor. But I did expect better packaging, fresher cigars and courteous customer service when I called, not to be basically called a liar. 
    Well good luck with your ventures. As I said, I've experienced top notch service, fair pricing and good packaging. Ccom is the only online source I've found to add humi pillow which is a nice touch.
    Thank you sir
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :*
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

    "If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about this, and apart from the OP's experience, I would put this out there... 

    We don't know for sure, but have an idea that the markup on cigars is substantial.  A starter set up w/ a cheap humidor and a 5'er is probably akin to a loss leader for Ccom.  They can make some good coin on an order most of us place, but not so much on the setup the OP bought.  IOW, they can bend over backwards to make us happy when a box of cigars shows up damaged or an order of 5-packs is sent out incorrectly.  But since they make diddly on a humi/5'er order, they can't cover return shipping or they'd be losing money, and we know they're not in business to lose money.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    @amassiah

    Unfortunately, it seems like you are one of the many people that come on here and complain about Ccom and think the forum members (who mostly have superb experiences with Ccom customer service) will be sympathetic and side with you. To every person that comes on here and pulls & $h!t like this I say the same thing. I always have received stellar service from Ccom. 

    Now, I understand you want some type of help from Ccom. I would be mad too if my sticks came like that. But you have to understand this:

    You are complaining about the beginner sampler sticks being dry. That is like going to a Honda dealer and complaining that your engine doesn't run as smooth as a Lamborghini. The truth is, you get what you pay for. Now you don't need to buy Davidoff cigars to enjoy good cigars. They are plenty of affordable options if you just pay a bit more.
    How do make this text turn upside down?
  • amassiahamassiah Posts: 12
    peter4jc said:
    I was thinking about this, and apart from the OP's experience, I would put this out there... 

    We don't know for sure, but have an idea that the markup on cigars is substantial.  A starter set up w/ a cheap humidor and a 5'er is probably akin to a loss leader for Ccom.  They can make some good coin on an order most of us place, but not so much on the setup the OP bought.  IOW, they can bend over backwards to make us happy when a box of cigars shows up damaged or an order of 5-packs is sent out incorrectly.  But since they make diddly on a humi/5'er order, they can't cover return shipping or they'd be losing money, and we know they're not in business to lose money.
    Again I did not ask them to cover shipping cost of them senting it to me, but if you send a defective product you should be willing to send out a return label to pick up defective product that you sent. I can either get an exchange or refund less my original shipping charges as their policy states. No need for me to get hit on both ends due to faulty merch. Company should stand by all of its' products.
  • amassiahamassiah Posts: 12
    @amassiah

    Unfortunately, it seems like you are one of the many people that come on here and complain about Ccom and think the forum members (who mostly have superb experiences with Ccom customer service) will be sympathetic and side with you. To every person that comes on here and pulls & $h!t like this I say the same thing. I always have received stellar service from Ccom. 

    Now, I understand you want some type of help from Ccom. I would be mad too if my sticks came like that. But you have to understand this:

    You are complaining about the beginner sampler sticks being dry. That is like going to a Honda dealer and complaining that your engine doesn't run as smooth as a Lamborghini. The truth is, you get what you pay for. Now you don't need to buy Davidoff cigars to enjoy good cigars. They are plenty of affordable options if you just pay a bit more.
    Not new to the game, bought starter for someone who is starting. Your logic makes no sense. The starter set should be in stellar condition in order to keep the starter, beginner coming back. Now I do not care if you care but rest assured this will resonate with those that do. And with that I am done answering anyone who did not have the bad experience I had. 
  • amassiahamassiah Posts: 12
    Wylaff said:
    You guys are such bullies. Here we have a gentleman who has a legitimate problem with his sticks being dry and his cheap humidor being cheap. It is unfathomable that the company he ordered them from offered to refund all but the shipping as per their policies. What kind of business....

    I can't do it. I tried. Sorry, you're on your own...
    You can't read is what you can't do.

  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm learning though. @twistedstem is helping me!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

    At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @amassiah

    Unfortunately, it seems like you are one of the many people that come on here and complain about Ccom and think the forum members (who mostly have superb experiences with Ccom customer service) will be sympathetic and side with you. To every person that comes on here and pulls & $h!t like this I say the same thing. I always have received stellar service from Ccom. 

    Now, I understand you want some type of help from Ccom. I would be mad too if my sticks came like that. But you have to understand this:

    You are complaining about the beginner sampler sticks being dry. That is like going to a Honda dealer and complaining that your engine doesn't run as smooth as a Lamborghini. The truth is, you get what you pay for. Now you don't need to buy Davidoff cigars to enjoy good cigars. They are plenty of affordable options if you just pay a bit more.
    So I guess your saying you don't like my hondas?
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    amassiah said:
    Wylaff said:
    You guys are such bullies. Here we have a gentleman who has a legitimate problem with his sticks being dry and his cheap humidor being cheap. It is unfathomable that the company he ordered them from offered to refund all but the shipping as per their policies. What kind of business....

    I can't do it. I tried. Sorry, you're on your own...
    .You can't read is what you can't do.

    You are only entertainment to us.
    Never had a problem with ccom. I have had my better half call them to organize a surprise and they were able to deliver. Because you like to whine and complain makes you a target for fun. Look for a solution dude. If you pay and send it back and you're not full of crap. I bet they accommodate you. But if you are a demanding beeotch because you expect them to kiss your azz they arent losing anything except a customer that can't be pleased. Earn some credibility. They are reasonable people. Send it back if you are unhappy. Swap it for replacement. Give them a chance to provide the world class service they provide. Let them give you what you ordered. And shame on you for acting like a child. You are not the only cigar buyer in the world. I doubt the product is as terrible as you claim. If there is damage due to shipping be a grown up pay to ship it back and if your right and not full of it then work on getting your shipping refunded. You are the arrogant dip stick that should not shop online if you can't afford to front a return till proven right. Go to a local shop who can tell you about yourself to your face and stop crying. Till then you amuse me with every post because I tell people like you to call corporate on me for being mean to you. Go cry on YouTube so I can repost and make fun of you.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    @amassiah

    Unfortunately, it seems like you are one of the many people that come on here and complain about Ccom and think the forum members (who mostly have superb experiences with Ccom customer service) will be sympathetic and side with you. To every person that comes on here and pulls & $h!t like this I say the same thing. I always have received stellar service from Ccom. 

    Now, I understand you want some type of help from Ccom. I would be mad too if my sticks came like that. But you have to understand this:

    You are complaining about the beginner sampler sticks being dry. That is like going to a Honda dealer and complaining that your engine doesn't run as smooth as a Lamborghini. The truth is, you get what you pay for. Now you don't need to buy Davidoff cigars to enjoy good cigars. They are plenty of affordable options if you just pay a bit more.
    So I guess your saying you don't like my hondas?
    Lol. I drive a 04 honda accord. Runs like a dream. But it pales in comparison to a car that is handmade.
    How do make this text turn upside down?
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    amassiah said:
    Wylaff said:
    You guys are such bullies. Here we have a gentleman who has a legitimate problem with his sticks being dry and his cheap humidor being cheap. It is unfathomable that the company he ordered them from offered to refund all but the shipping as per their policies. What kind of business....

    I can't do it. I tried. Sorry, you're on your own...
    .You can't read is what you can't do.

    You are only entertainment to us.
    Never had a problem with ccom. I have had my better half call them to organize a surprise and they were able to deliver. Because you like to whine and complain makes you a target for fun. Look for a solution dude. If you pay and send it back and you're not full of crap. I bet they accommodate you. But if you are a demanding beeotch because you expect them to kiss your azz they arent losing anything except a customer that can't be pleased. Earn some credibility. They are reasonable people. Send it back if you are unhappy. Swap it for replacement. Give them a chance to provide the world class service they provide. Let them give you what you ordered. And shame on you for acting like a child. You are not the only cigar buyer in the world. I doubt the product is as terrible as you claim. If there is damage due to shipping be a grown up pay to ship it back and if your right and not full of it then work on getting your shipping refunded. You are the arrogant dip stick that should not shop online if you can't afford to front a return till proven right. Go to a local shop who can tell you about yourself to your face and stop crying. Till then you amuse me with every post because I tell people like you to call corporate on me for being mean to you. Go cry on YouTube so I can repost and make fun of you.
    Agree ×1000
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    I'm learning though. @twistedstem is helping me!
    Reading is FUNdamental  and this place is fun and your all mental!!

    no matter where you go, there you are.

  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sucks that you feel slighted. I had an expierence once with a company that can't be named( but there's a machine gun that bears the same name. After 3 months I never received neither the cigars or humidor. Those offers are usually a cheap humidor and cheap smokes. Unless you purchase one of the better options. 
     That being said I've never had any dealings where I've had problems that they didn't rectify. Sure sometimes I thought they could have done better by me on a couple but I've had times where they went above and beyond to. Assuming you weren't rude or anything when calling if you feel slighted call Alex. 
  • CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    @Rhamlin

    Could you pm the company? I don't seem to remember one that had the logo or I am not thinking hard enough.
    How do make this text turn upside down?
Sign In or Register to comment.