Home General Discussion

If $$$ was no object ?

GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

If cash on hand was an absurd amount, say winning a 50 million dollar lottery.

What cigars would you smoke? Opus X all day? LFD? Davidoff? Cubans? A custom blend from your favorite manufacturer?  Open a b&m to have your pic from the humi?? Not change your everyday cigars, but buy the entire luxury collection from CCOM just to try them??

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd buy a few of the luxury collection. I'd buy a lot of Opus X and Cubans but i'd  still smoke a lot of the same stuff I do now, but I'd be buying boxes instead of fivers. And I'd have a few wineadors.

Multiple boxes of Caldwell, Roma Craft,  Viaje, Crowned Heads, Tatuaje and the like. 
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    I'd like to think money wouldn't change me at all. I'd like to think I'd be much like Phil Robertson  (without the beard but with stubble) and like Jace Robertson almost get kicked out of Trump tower because they thought he was homeless (but no ambition to go anywhere near Trump or his tower).

Granted I have a newb palate. But in all honesty I enjoy some $5 to $10 smokes just as much as a $20+. I may be wrong but the only way I don't see me smoking a 5 Vegas miami, A , AAA , tat tattoo, flor de los antilles, four kicks, Jericho hill and new world (just to name a few) is if I quit smoking or they quit making them. Some the higher end stuff I plan to save for special occasions.  Also most my purchases would still be by hawking the deals and such. I hate paying full price for anything.

I know I'd still work, just the way I'm wired. Would give me the opportunity to do more for charity for sure. 
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Im with both of these guys so far... I would still smoke my regular cheapy favorites and maybe dabble in the higher end blends. BUT I would TOTALLY dump a grand lump sum in the Luxury Collection! I love collecting things so for me it would be for more of the collecting aspect instead of the smoking aspect.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would by the collection of the Month.  As in @jliu

• johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a newb i would be able to try out a lot more of the cigars i've been reading about.
    I would have to think clean drinking water for everyone. That's always tugged at my heart strings. Sad to think about all the people without good water.
    Non Crux sed lux
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What??  You mean none of you guys would be buying Mr. Hansotia's HMR at $750 each?  I'm surprised...!!

And while we're on the subject, has anyone noticed that the Opus X gets mentioned a lot but I can't recall the last time anyone referred to a God of Fire. Why do you suppose that is?   B)
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name recognition
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Everytime I wonder past that Gurkha I wonder how many bite. NOWAY in hell I'd drop $750 on a cigar, especially if it had Gurkha on the band. 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed a two year old God Of Fire last week, maby the week before, but damn it was amazing.  Any way I would just be able to buy more of what I already do.  Instead of spreading out my purchases throuout the year I would just buy what I want when I want.  I also probably would not get in as much trouble as I do, right @Usaf06?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    I'm told that rock stars and the like buy them and folks like Saddam Hussein used to while he was still using up oxygen on this planet....
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    Everytime I wonder past that Gurkha I wonder how many bite. NOWAY in hell I'd drop $750 on a cigar, especially if it had Gurkha on the band. 
    The funny thing is, that for a long time it was listed at $400.00 here.  Must not have been popular so they raised the price, probably worked too.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @johnnyB, I have a few higher end cigars aging right now but have not had a chance to try many of those.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had a God of Fire before, Marty, so it wasn't on my short list. But yeah, I'd be buying quite a few of those as well.
    kswildcat said:
    The funny thing is, that for a long time it was listed at $400.00 here.  Must not have been popular so they raised the price, probably worked too.
    @Patrickbrick .. At one point I believe they had MSRP $1500 on that thing... Like most that brand it's comical to watch them sell at 1/3 or less of MSRP. 1 for sure thing about it is you would be getting a well aged cigar if you did buy it. I will keep my eye on them and when they drop to $10 I may bite, would still feel like I'm getting a raw deal tho.

jlmarta said:
    I'm told that rock stars and the like buy them and folks like Saddam Hussein used to while he was still using up oxygen on this planet....
    @jlmarta .. Alot of them shoot battery acid and anhydrous ammonia in their veins also. Those are the rocket scientists some the kids these days look up to lol
    kswildcat said:

jlmarta said:
    @jlmarta .. Alot of them shoot battery acid and anhydrous ammonia in their veins also. Those are the rocket scientists some the kids these days look up to lol
    Yep. I hear ya, ......  B)
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    If money were no object, I'd try everything on the planet (I wanted to try) and probably end up having a blend made for me.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gurkha His Majesty Reserves all day everyday!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gurkha His Majesty Reserves all day everyday!

FAKE
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:

If cash on hand was an absurd amount, say winning a 50 million dollar lottery.

What cigars would you smoke? Opus X all day? LFD? Davidoff? Cubans? A custom blend from your favorite manufacturer?  Open a b&m to have your pic from the humi?? Not change your everyday cigars, but buy the entire luxury collection from CCOM just to try them??

Thanks to all for the many replies to my first discussion post. I am a bit surprised that no one has wanted to open their own store and have a personal walk in humi and all the options it entails. @peter4jc would be the only beans served at my place!!
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If money was no option I would be @jliu

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just read the half wheel review of HMR. I died, it was hilarious!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Partagas 150 humidor full
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If money was no object, I would buy a sampler of the highest end smokes I could find... and send them to Loon Lake. :)
    I like the way you think.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd buy a poolidor. 

Poolidor; a tank type humidor to keep cigars submerged in water for maximum flavorization potential.  

ask me about my Stemarator Idea 
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I'd buy Casa Fuente and smoke all the Fuente Lanceros every damn day. I'd move Todd's 20 count there and we'd drink beer and smoke all damn day. You're all welcome to visit and stay at Caesars Palace on me for one EPIC Herf. 
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of Davidoff cigars! I'd also have a few boxes in stock at all times of: Ashton VSG, Padron 64/26 & FR, and some La Aurora Preferidos maduros. I'd also fly by private plane to Cuba and sample the forbidden wares they have to offer since I have only had the opportunity to smoke two ISOM cigars and I'm sure one was fake.