Home Non Cigar Related
Options

cartoons

Comments

• Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @webmost I totally agree with you. That was very well said. 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:

Yup selective reading.. You can go back to your water fountain argument  :)
    you got it:

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    kswildcat said:

Yup selective reading.. You can go back to your water fountain argument  :)
    you got it:

How cute.... Isn't white a color?
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/TxY8oy3cm4k

Let me help you out with your labeling.  This song pretty much sums my ancestry.  And damn proud to be a heinz 57 mutt.  :)
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    "Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities -- the political, the religious, the educational authorities --- who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing -- forming in our minds -- their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable open-mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself." 

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Sorry I do not live in the liberal utopia where everyone sits around the campfire holding hands. Unfortunately I'm out here in the real world amongst sick, twisted, evil people. And yes out here sometimes having to fight is your last resort.

Yes there are homosexuals that are only attracted to straight. There is forums and articles about it. (how do I know this? I know gay people). I actually know 1 female that had to quit her job due to unwanted advances. Even after talking to her supervisor it continued. What's the company going to do fire the 1 making passes? Hell no that's a lawsuit waiting to happen and she was same as told that. Be happy courts are in your favor.

I don't  think it was a month after same sexx marriage became legal that a same sexxcouple sued a bakery refusing to bake a wedding cake. Damn them Christians for thinking they have freedom of religion and not wanting to be a part of a same sexx wedding and the couple could go elsewhere to buy a cake.

But I understand putting the liberal spin and labeling in efforts to make someone that disagrees with your utopia look bad is much easier then having a civil  discussion.  :)
  • Options
    Just be glad PC and the courts are in your favor. The utopia you want is well on its way here. God willing I will be dead and forgotten by the time it gets here.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wedding cake was deemed discrimination because the baker did not have any part in the wedding, and would have been perfectly happy making the exact same cake for anyone else. It's not that the baker was uncomfortable with the job, but the people requesting the job. In an enterprise, that is the very definition of discrimination. 

I am a religious person, and do have firm beliefs in regards to homosexuality. But I do understand how one could not be allowed to refuse service to them because of that. It would be a very slippery slope towards white only restaurants, and similar crap.

All that said: for a trucker like Mr. Cat over here, we are talking about a different scenario. Many trucker, regardless of orientation, are on the very fringe of society to begin with. I can imagine some of the homosexuals he encounters are overly aggressive, and not what we are typically discussing. With that in mind his statements are not that far out there.

Just today I had a long haul driver who had to be removed from the facility, because he would not stop touching himself whenever my female dock clerk spoke....

There is a difference between your run of the mill homosexual and your out and out perverts. Same with any orientation, and these perverts are the ones that need to be controlled and regulated.

I've rambled so far I lost myself.... Carry on...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I also agree refusing of service due to sexual orientation is wrong. However services that are directly involved with a marriage to me are a bit different.  I can see how a baker  caterer, limo driver, etc. would feel their services tie them to the wedding regardless if they attended or not. Personally I would find a different bakery if the bakery didn't want to bake my cake for any reason.  But we live in a sue happy society. 

You are correct on how I live on the fringe of society.  I get to visit not so nice places, some where even cops do not go depending the color of their skin. I see a lot of bad  and sad. I've been docked at the back of a building while a gang shoot out was going on at the front of the same building. I've been staged on a street that people drove by shooting at trucks for no reason the night before.  Seen guys peddling young girls.. But you have to pick your fights. After the years I've been out here I could probably write a book on the bad, sad and horrific.
  • Options
    I would read it. I've always felt for the poor drivers that I have to leave overnight. As a rule warehouses are not in good neighborhood. I'm lucky and mine is practically next door to the local PD, but that doesn't stop the occasional shooting and robbery.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw this sign today and thought of this thread. image
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    A lot depends on the circumstances too, sometimes it's just for confrontation I think. 

Now about these truckers, gotta tell you this story.  My wife used to be the receiver at work, go in at 6.  I'd go in for 8 and go see her in receiving before going to my side of the plant.  One morning she was unloading a trailer and the driver was standing there watching.  I'm prejudiced but my wife has a heck of a body.  I just waited, he assumed I was another trucker I think.  So we stood there talking and watching her get off the fork truck, bend over and jostle the skid once in a while.  After a bit she noticed me so I walked over and gave her a kiss.  Walking back the driver was looking at me, mouth open, so I said  "friendly place", and just kept going.  
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Practicing trickle down economics maybe?  
  • Options
    North Carolina starting to sound like a good place to be
  • Options
    kswildcat said:
    North Carolina starting to sound like a good place to be
    @kswildcat ; don't you mean....

"a good place to ..... .... .... PEE"

heyyyyoooo!!

• Options

• Options

Problem solved
  • Options
    Are there urinals in there or just sitters?  If there are urinals, how many shakes before your accused of self gratification, sitters, how many wipes?  Lactation facilities maybe?  I'll just pee outside I think.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    pelirrojo said:

Problem solved
    I do believe this was offered as a solution but still groups claiming discrimination (they may have been trying to sell them strictly as LBGT bathrooms tho).
    I can see every business and government buildings offering public facilities eventually be forced to have unisex bathrooms.  

Couple weeks ago I went storming into a store bathroom.  There was a lady cleaning the sinks, not thinking I go around the half wall to the urinals and go pee. Not bothering me at all, I was in a hurry and had to go bad. I then think of how it may have made her uncomfortable.  Granted there was a wall between us I apologized while washing up..Thankfully she was a humorous gal and didn't make her uncomfortable. 

Some claim that if a person identifies as the opposite sex there is nothing to be of concern, that they are not interested in that gender. This may be true, but I can see how if it became the norm it would become a place for people to pretend they identify as opposite sex to find unexpecting victims. I tend to look at things as to what all could go wrong. The world is not a safe place and I can see this making it even less safe.
    Post edited by kswildcat on
  • Options
    most of the "unisex" bathrooms i've seen are larger single rooms, meant to be used by 1 person at a time.  all the ones around here have 1 sink, 1 toilet, & 1 urinal.  

seems pretty common for smaller establishments (restaurants, shops, etc) that only have a few restrooms to make them all individual, "unisex" rooms.  

wait, i mean how dare them offer individual, private restrooms!!!! i'm so offended!!!! i'm going to go sharpen my pitchfork and light my torch!!!!

• Options
    edited April 2016
    I don't think there is an easy answer. I do know I became more tolerant when I found out my cousin is gay. Although I was never 1 to want to beat them up I would keep my distance.  You get a bit of a different perspective when you have a person close to you. 
     He doesn't see the need to use women's facilities but then again he also has no ambition of transforming surgeries or dressing like a woman. All the people I know are good with the way things are.
  • Options
    Yes John, I would assume that it is a single room with a lock on the door very similar to the bathrooms most of us have at home. Probably wouldn't even need to put "unisex' on the door. I would imagine "restroom" would suffice. Also, gay and trans-gendered are not at all the same thing. We aren't talking about gay men wanting to use the ladies room or vice versa. The day you have to show a birth certificate to take a leak it may be time to jump ship.
  • Options
    pelirrojo said:
    Yes John, I would assume that it is a single room with a lock on the door very similar to the bathrooms most of us have at home. Probably wouldn't even need to put "unisex' on the door. I would imagine "restroom" would suffice.
    idk @pelirrojo , that seems like too easy of a solution. 
    and heck if that happened, then what would people **** & complain about??

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about where there are two or three toilets and a couple of urinals. Will they be unisex? I'd be uncomfortable taking a stinky dump with women around. Seems like it'd be making many MORE people uncomfortable than it would make some comfortable. 
  • Options
    Bob_Luken said:
    What about where there are two or three toilets and a couple of urinals. Will they be unisex? I'd be uncomfortable taking a stinky dump with women around. Seems like it'd be making many MORE people uncomfortable than it would make some comfortable. 
    there used to be a restaurant/nightclub type place downtown with that kind of set-up

one big open "unisex" bathroom with sinks all along 1 wall, and then individual stalls along the other wall. no urinals in the place.
    and no door to the restroom entrance, just doors on each individual stall.

freakin' weird place man.  from what i heard, it was done that way so guys & gals could easily "hook-up" in the individual stalls (gross).  i know the place catered to the younger "party-type" crowd but seriously, eww, who'd wanna "hook-up" in a freakin public bathroom that's just dirty-nasty.

the food wasn't that great and the drinks were overpriced.  the place has since gone out of business (i wonder why lol)

• Options
    edited April 2016
    jgibv said:
    pelirrojo said:
    Yes John, I would assume that it is a single room with a lock on the door very similar to the bathrooms most of us have at home. Probably wouldn't even need to put "unisex' on the door. I would imagine "restroom" would suffice.
    True. But also say transgenders got their way, what next would they find that is discriminating them? It's really a never ending battle. There is coocs on each side of any topic that will push for all they can get and still not be happy. Part of human nature I guess.
  • Options
    kswildcat said:
    jgibv said:
    pelirrojo said:
    True. But also say transgenders got their way, what next would they find that is discriminating them? It's really a never ending battle. There is coocs on each side of any topic that will push for all they can get and still not be happy. Part of human nature I guess.
    it's a slippery slope indeed, especially if somebody pee's on the floor.

• Options
    Perhaps it is an elaborate plan to once and for all answer the age old question: "Do girls poop?". We should probably pass legislation to keep Catholic priests out of the men's room while we're at it, given their propensity to prey on little boys. Then there's the hermaphrodites! I bet they think they can use either bathroom because they have both parts. They could rape people in both rooms for crying out loud. Better set up guards at the bathroom doors like border patrol to check for "contraband" in the undercarriage.