Home Cigar 101
Options

Veteran's advice to newbie, first humidor.

13»

Comments

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had trouble with my wooden humi when I started out but I am pretty sure it was just from not taking the time to season it properly. I have just used it to store Bovedas if they arrive in a package.
    Now we are through the heat of summer I filled it up with this weeks smokes and set it out on the counter. I will watch it and see how it does
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can not explain why, it maintained since May then this last week the Rx dropped 10 points.  Rechecked the hygrometer and it is right on the money.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Trial an error is a part of this hobby.  If my first purchase was a Tupperware with boveda packs I wouldn't be too proud of it and want to show it off when I have guests over.  I found it fun trying to figure out how to manipulate humidity and set up my humidor.  I then went bigger and nicer and ended up with what i'm currently happy with.  Whenever someone asks me for advice regarding anything cigars I always tell them first do what makes you happy.  Secondly I give my experience in the situation.  Just my opinion.
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as this is an advice post, does anyone have any experience with purchasing a cabinet humidor? Wife is offering to buy me one for Christmas, and we have no idea where to start looking. We are looking  for something about 30 inches high, with storage for 500 to a 1000 cigars, with shelves etc. If anyone knows a reputable company, let me know. Thanks!

PS I would be just as happy with coolers, but don't think she wants them stacked up in the family room!
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always have to keep an eye on the desktop, but the Tupperware is always dead on 70 percent.