Home General Discussion

Okay, I'm going to piss a bunch of people off here...

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
...but come on guys (and you know who you are). This forum isn't about getting free stuff from the BOTLs on here. This is a place to find a brother and sisterhood in the leaf. It's about exchanging ideas, camaraderie, and conversation with like-minded individuals (and occasionally cigars). I don't know about you guys but I don't have a lot of friends outside this forum that enjoy cigars so I come to this forum for that connection.

It seems as of late that there are a handful of individuals that seem to treat this forum as a place to get free cigars from the kind folks on the forum and never make any contribution apart from raising their hand every time someone's generosity prompts them to give something away.

I'm not talking, of course, about those that have legitimate questions about cigars and such. The exchange of information is one of the reasons this forum is so damn great. Or those that enter contests (yea, I know I have won a few in my time)

Am I right or am I just being a curmudgeon and should shut the hell up?
-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    who you callin' out? 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    who you callin' out? 
    I've sent private messages to those I think could benefit from redefining their roll on the forum and suspect I will get a pm or two telling me I'm an ass...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Echambers said:
    jgibv said:
    who you callin' out? 
    I've sent private messages to those I think could benefit from redefining their roll on the forum and suspect I will get a pm or two telling me I'm an ass...

That's good. Depending on how long they've been here, it may be something they don't even realize. 

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Echambers said:
    #pwd

#cat Echambers_private_messages

#./sighofrelief.sh

#exit

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    james40 said:
    Echambers said:
    jgibv said:
    who you callin' out? 

That's good. Depending on how long they've been here, it may be something they don't even realize. 

Indeed...
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I stay out of stuff for the most part...but I believe they just don't realize it. If I'm a culprit just tell me I have big boy pants now. I tend to feel people are just really generous on here and hey why not get some free **** if you can
    Money can't buy taste
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I hear ya. 
    edited June 2016
     If I'm a culprit just tell me I have big boy pants now. 

Routinely asking people for addresses to send free cigars puts you on the other end of this list @Lee.mcglynn . Get that thought out of your head.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait @Echambers needs cigars?

Just Kidding dude but I agree with you.  It has gotten a little out of hand.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whew! 
    No PM.
    Had me worried there for a moment.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I'll stop  ;)
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

james40 said:

Routinely asking people for addresses to send free cigars puts you on the other end of this list @Lee.mcglynn . Get that thought out of your head.
    I really have a ton more stuff to send but work and usps don't line up so well. But @james40 I have two addy a for you pm me which one is best
    Money can't buy taste
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say at least from one POV, that historically there have been members that people think are fishing when in fact they really do just talk a whole helluva lot and like to ask lots of questions. That doesn't mean they are fishing for anything other than conversation, though I do agree that is sadly the exception and less the rule more often than not. I know in the past some had thought that was me, and I have had to explain several times over the years, I am simply talkative and love to ask questions. Hope those that are having this issue either understand and can adjust, or are given a chance to figure out why they are cast in this light. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew it!  I just KNEW it!  Ya gotta watch that Puff Dougie guy - I think he's fishing.....   :p
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I'm smoking an Alec Bradley Sanctum that I shamelessly dry begged from @Puff_Dougie right now.  :smiley: Love those freebies...  Anyone need my addy? :wink:  
    Hmm, says I have a PM...... must be a request for my addy...LOL
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    0patience said:
    Whew! 
    No PM.
    Had me worried there for a moment.
    I knew I forgot one!

skydiverD said:
    I'm smoking an Alec Bradley Sanctum that I shamelessly dry begged from @Puff_Dougie right now.  :smiley: Love those freebies...  Anyone need my addy? :wink:  
    Hmm, says I have a PM...... must be a request for my addy...LOL
    You're funny -- but this brings up another point. I have no issue at all with someone who says, "Hey I can't find a ____ anywhere -- anyone have one they want to trade?" But when the same few people do it every couple of days...
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got any Opus?
    Nope .... but I sure could go for some Petit Lancero's. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

Got any Opus?
    I do but I'm saving them all for Daniel.
    james40 said:

Ha!
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Echambers said:
    Got any Opus?
    I do but I'm saving them all for Daniel.
    DZR only smokes dog turds #dogbutt
    Echambers said:
    james40 said:

Ha!
    Not sure how to take the comment but I'm out of the
    bomb game and just want to help. If you think I beg well I haven't got a pm yet
    Money can't buy taste
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Echambers your an ass

Only kidding.  No pm yet
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers said:
    james40 said:

Ha!
    Not try to speak for anyone else, but the way I took it and read it was a way of saying that you are far too generous anyways and have a very long and distinguished (like my johnson... thank you Top Gun!) track record of being a great stand up guy and no way would you be considered in this list. Just my take on what I read though.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Echambers said:
    james40 said:

Ha!
    Lee, you are a great guy and I hope you didn't take anything I said as being directed at you. If so, my sincere apologies .   
    Echambers said:
    Echambers said:
    james40 said:

Ha!
    Lee, you are a great guy and I hope you didn't take anything I said as being directed at you. If so, my sincere apologies .   
    So it was directed at me then, sniffle sniffle../cue huge snot bubble.

:smiley:
    edited June 2016
    james40 said:

I really have a ton more stuff to send but work and usps don't line up so well. But @james40 I have two addy a for you pm me which one is best
    I still owe you since you sent me the 3 Puro's @Lee.mcglynn ....