Home Ratings & Reviews

FDA’s Pathways To Market: Cigars Have Few Channels For Product Approval

miller65rodmiller65rod MidwestPosts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
Seems like 60% of the NC market will be safe. The other 40% who knows. Cost of approval I am sure will be passed on to the consumer. Not sure how small companies are gonna survive. This is gonna be a nightmare for the Industry at some point I would assume. 

Once this fight is over the Big one may or may not occur. If the Cuban embargo is ever lifted we may see a Patent battle like never before. Who knows. 

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/fda-pathways-to-market-cigars-have-few-channels-for-product-approval-18874
Free Cuba
"I ain't got no Opus's"
LLA
- Lancero Lovers of America
2016 Gang War (South)
May I assss u a ?

          

Comments

  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm no expert but every law has loop holes. Big companies and even some small ones will buy an old company name like.. Idk Stetson cigars. And say "This blend tastes just like a La Imperiosa!" Read between the lines. Bamoooo loophole new box new label same crowned heads blend.
  • WylaffWylaff Reno, NVPosts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole substantial equivalence thing is where I began to call bullsh*t. It's one thing to say we're testing everything. Now it's become "We're testing everything unless you pay us and convince us it's similar to another product..."

    Like anything and everything that is made of 100% tobacco filler, wrapped in 100% tobacco binder, and finally 100% tobacco wrapper....
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

    I hate myself, and I don't regret any of it.

    At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

  • 0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 9,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love when govt says that they took into account a composite wage and double it to account for benefits and overhead.
    Which is BS, because if they did account for composite wage, they would know that those wages are complied as "loaded wages". Meaning the wages for those personel are calculated with benefits. 
    Had they stated loaded costs, plus administrative costs, that might be a more realistic statement.
     
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

    Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat West TNPosts: 6,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, but...we're FREE!  All our politicians say so!

    What's FOS mean?

    So, we're basically free to do as we're told, right?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

    "There is nothing so in need of reforming as another person's bad habits."   Mark Twain
  • WylaffWylaff Reno, NVPosts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are free to smoke whatever you like. As long as it's made by H. Upmann, Rocky Patel, Romeo y Juliet or Monte Cristo....
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

    I hate myself, and I don't regret any of it.

    At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

  • Edna20Edna20 DCPosts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    The whole substantial equivalence thing is where I began to call bullsh*t. It's one thing to say we're testing everything. Now it's become "We're testing everything unless you pay us and convince us it's similar to another product..."

    Like anything and everything that is made of 100% tobacco filler, wrapped in 100% tobacco binder, and finally 100% tobacco wrapper....
    @wylaff just completed his is first SE report. The tobacco companies should send him 22k and a thank you note!! Sounds like the only point is for the FDA to collect some money. What cigar isn't like every other cigar in that it's tobacco rolled up? Maybe Drew Estates will have some issues because they have a lot of infused ****. It seems like there could be a boiler plate SE report that every manufacturer just submits. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
Sign In or Register to comment.