Home General Discussion
Options

Where do these people come from?

2»

Comments

• Options
    63Pro63Pro Posts: 38 ✭✭
    I think its important to search the scriptures to understand what God says about what it takes to be saved rather than a church or some leader of a church. Did the thief on the cross say a fancy prayer? Did he have a chance to treat people with respect and love to be saved? No, he was a their hours away from death and all he said was that this man (speaking of Jesus) was innocent. He acknowledged they were there because they deserved the cross. When he looked at Jesus and asked him to remember him when Jesus comes into His kingdom, Jesus could see this mans heart and that he believed who Jesus truly was. Jesus responded, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise."
    There are many verses that talk about salvation but this one in Romans 10:9
     I believe is what the thief on the cross experienced and why Jesus saved him from hell. 
    Romans 10:9, "If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
    No, you dont have to go to church to be saved. There are many biblical verses that speak of the importance of being around other Christians. Here is just one:
    1 Thessalonians 5:11 "Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing."
    Being around other sinful people that have been saved by God's grace is a wonderful thing to experience and true friendships are developed and that is awesome to behold.
    No one ever learned anything by doing right the first time!
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is strange. I often have this argument with myself and in my younger years dabbled and studied in some serious stuff. 
    I have come to learn some hard lessons.
    People who wear their religion on their sleeves I usually find wanting in spirituality.
    I don't care what you say on the subject, I will react to what you do.

Last week I had the sidewall on a tire blow out, because some jerk driving a truck had a spill and did not bother to clean it up.
    A guy I have never seen before (Dereck) saw me sitting on the side of the road and pulled over to change the tire for me. He would not take any money, just my sincerest thanks and a handshake.
  • Options
    63Pro63Pro Posts: 38 ✭✭
    You are exactly right! Talk is cheap and anyone can say anything. Its how you live your life and how you treat others that does all your talking. No one cares what you know, until they know how much you care about them!
    No one ever learned anything by doing right the first time!