Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Leaf and Libations

Comments

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep an eye on the site over the next couple weeks. We have lots of the new releases at ipcpr that we are reviewing.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very very cool!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Libations, hmmm, I like that.  Everyone knows that the difference between a drunk and an alcoholic is that alcoholics have meetings.  I don't want to be branded as either, so,

I must be a "Libationist".

Perfect.

:)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    @Amos_Umwhat, are you a civil libatarian?  :D
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm a happy drunk, so I suppose that's the natural progression.

A couple months back, my carpenter was putting in some new windows for me, his asst. comes around the back of my truck, then asks  "What's so special about Librarians?"

He'd seen the bumper sticker "Enough is enough, vote Libertarian" on the back.

Took me a minute, too. ;)

So as not the threadjack:

Really nice website, guys, I need to remember to check that out more thoroughly.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    New Review:

Bellas Artes by AJ Fernandez

http://thelnl.net/2016/08/15/bellas-artes-by-aj-fernandez/

Let me know your thoughts!
  • Options
    Another great review Roman way to go and thanks for sharing! This one and the Sobremesa are at the top of my to try list, thanks for turning me onto them :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    New Review:

Big Papi by El Artista

http://thelnl.net/2016/08/17/big-papi-by-el-artista/

Check it out, let me know what you think
  • Options
    Sounds like an interesting one and kinda a surprise, will keep my eye out for them thanks Roman ;)

Brett
  • Options
    Sorry for the delay everyone.  check out the newest review.  would love some feedback

Protocol Probable Cause.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good review, sounds like a good stick. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interested in the scotch write-ups too, but the links don't seem to work.  Should they? Or is there nothing there yet?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    @Gray4lines  there is only one up so far.  We have been heavy into the cigars, and will soon be putting the efforts more towards scotch.  if there is anything specific you want to see please let me know
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can get the Ainsley Brae, make it happen :)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    i dont have a retailer near me, but will look into it
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice write up. 
    i got a protocol robusto in the humi that i've been meaning to light up. 
    i like the way you layout the reviews with short & simple descriptions for each third.....

and the bar graphs at the bottom are interesting but I don't really understand what they mean .... since there's different descriptive words for each reviewer. 

and i'm using firefox (v 49.0.1) for windows and there's something about the UI / layout that seems "off" to me.... i think it's something to do with symmetry/ the rule of thirds. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    This is great @Trident! I'm hoping to learn how to develop my palate, so this will be another wonderful way to look back a what folks with experience have to say about specific sticks and compare and expand on what I find! 
  • Options
    @TaraLee Awesome Idea.  Anything specific you would like to see reviewed?

• Options
    check out the newest review:

Herrera Estelli Miami

http://thelnl.net/2016/10/21/herrera-esteli-miami/
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jgibv we will check into the layout.  Are you able to screen shot it and shoot it to me in a text or message please?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    @jgibv we will check into the layout.  Are you able to screen shot it and shoot it to me in a text or message please?
    You got it Brad @avengethis ; PM inbound

• Options
    check out the new Review:

Tatuaje Krueger

http://thelnl.net/2016/11/01/tatuaje-krueger/
  • Options
    @jgibv  thanks for the comments and feedback.  working with the web guy to make some of these changes.  Let me know your new thoughts on the added and changes we made.  there are still more coming though.  PM with more if you have then

• Options
    Hey @Trident ; nice write up (as always) and the site improvements are great! 

It looks a lot better now, the page seems more organized, and it's much easier to read. Very nice!

I'll spend some more time looking around the site later today and shoot you a PM if I see anything else.

• Options
    Thanks for the input. i really appreciate it
  • Options
    GoCardsGoCards Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    @Trident - the site looks great.  Is the header shrinking as you scroll new?  It seems easier to read.

It's cool that I can read more about some of the cigars I see on this thread.  Thanks for sharing this.
  • Options
    Check out the latest review on thelnl.net.

Casa Cuevas Red Label

• Options
    check out the latest review on www.thelnl.net

Opus X 20th Anniversary Celebration:

• Options
    Terrific reviews @Trident I really like the layout, it makes it easy to see what is similar across the board for most peoples palates as well as pick out unique flavors that certain palates pick up that I know are similar to mine. The pictures are very good as well and its nice not to read and huge write up but rather a condensed version where it hits the main points. Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting tip on the pre-light toast Roman, will try that out.
    A little dirt never hurt