Home Non Cigar Related

Great concert

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
We saw Cheap Trick, Joan Jett and Heart last night. We have seen a lot of concerts but this one has to be one of the best ever. They all sounded great but the last song Heart sang stairway to heaven and I still have goosebumps.

imageimageimage

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool thank you for sharing! I grew up wrenching in the garage listening to Pops' old music and vinyl and Heart was constantly on, love their stuff and Dream of the Archer was always one of my deep cut favs! Sounds like a great concert, you and your wife look great together :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Wow, talk about a blast from the past with those names. One of you is photogenic, I won't say who. Just kidding, you both look great!
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like a good time. I haven't been to a concert since The Eagles/Fleetwood Mac at some football stadium. That did it for me. Little tiny people waaay off in the distance, no video screens.

When I started going to concerts we all sat on a concrete floor in a "psychedelic dungeon", usually less than 200 people all told, and folks were passing around pills of various kind. We didn't know what they were but we took them anyway.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wholly smokes did they all come out using walkers? I remember seeing all of these bands in the late 70's. In fact I think I seen Joan Jett when she was with an all female band the Runaways and they opened for Cheap Trick. A lot of cloudy induced memories, but I think I am correct. 

Looks like fun hopefully they didn't collapse on the stage. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40 said:
    Wow, talk about a blast from the past with those names. One of you is photogenic, I won't say who. Just kidding, you both look great!

I will not tell Gena you said that about her!
    Wholly smokes did they all come out using walkers? I remember seeing all of these bands in the late 70's. In fact I think I seen Joan Jett when she was with an all female band the Runaways and they opened for Cheap Trick. A lot of cloudy induced memories, but I think I am correct. 

They were great. I saw Joan Jett and Cheap Trick back in the early 80s. It was funny, one of my wifes friends was **** about me smoking a cigar and she was about 5 seats away from me on the lawn while right in front of her there was a group smoking some of that illegal stuff all night long and she didn't say one thing.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

They were great. I saw Joan Jett and Cheap Trick back in the early 80s. It was funny, one of my wifes friends was **** about me smoking a cigar and she was about 5 seats away from me on the lawn while right in front of her there was a group smoking some of that illegal stuff all night long and she didn't say one thing.
    Hypocrites I tell. Where was this at the Verizon Center or whatever it is called now? 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

Hypocrites I tell. Where was this at the Verizon Center or whatever it is called now? 

Klipsch center in Noblesville.
  • CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Saw Joan Jett and the Heartbreakers a long long time ago.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭

@ Silvermouse ..Now a days there called Raves,,LOL

re: When I started going to concerts we all sat on a concrete floor in a "psychedelic dungeon", usually less than 200 people all told, and folks were passing around pills of various kind. We didn't know what they were but we took them anyway.

@miller65rod LMAO

re: Wholly smokes did they all come out using walkers? I remember seeing all of these bands in the late 70's. In fact I think I seen Joan Jett when she was with an all female band the Runaways and they opened for Cheap Trick. A lot of cloudy induced memories, but I think I am correct. 

@genareddog That's because it smells a helluva lot better. ;o)

re: It was funny, one of my wifes friends was **** about me smoking a cigar and she was about 5 seats away from me on the lawn while right in front of her there was a group smoking some of that illegal stuff all night long and she didn't say one thing.

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Kid said:

@ Silvermouse ..Now a days there called Raves,,LOL

re: When I started going to concerts we all sat on a concrete floor in a "psychedelic dungeon", usually less than 200 people all told, and folks were passing around pills of various kind. We didn't know what they were but we took them anyway.

@miller65rod LMAO

re: Wholly smokes did they all come out using walkers? I remember seeing all of these bands in the late 70's. In fact I think I seen Joan Jett when she was with an all female band the Runaways and they opened for Cheap Trick. A lot of cloudy induced memories, but I think I am correct. 

@genareddog That's because it smells a helluva lot better. ;o)

re: It was funny, one of my wifes friends was **** about me smoking a cigar and she was about 5 seats away from me on the lawn while right in front of her there was a group smoking some of that illegal stuff all night long and she didn't say one thing.

Rudy damn what are you...my age? When I first started going, tickets were like $8 or $10 bucks. Things sure have changed...
  • Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Here's Heart playing "Stairway" in 2012 at the Kennedy Center Honors concert with the Led Zeppelin crew in the balcony. It brought a tear to my eye as it did Robert Plant's. Jimmy Page's son plays drums. This is an awesome performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e2fJfiddx4

Glad you enjoyed the concert, Larry!
    Life is good, don't waste it.