Things I learned in Vherf.

Comments

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet Edward @silvermouse could use that on his gold balls
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Phil_from_ChicagoPhil_from_Chicago Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    vherf is popping off tonight..... ok its not its just me but come on in people
    Originally from Chicago

I enjoy good cigars and bourbon,

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great to herf with you Phil. Sorry, but I had to go.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. @Stubble Steve is the Ethics Professor
    2. Last night I wanted to get on the vHerf right when I got home because my customer network testing wasn't going well and I couldn't figure out why.  Long day, worked through lunch, very frustrating.
    3. Tonight I want to get on vHerf right after I fix dinner because I found the typo that caused the problem above and should be able to wrap up successful testing of the new circuits today.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
     I jinxed myself    I got dispatched to Oakland to work on a bricked firewall  Just  got called to turn around because they've been able to remotely fix the issue, but I'm already more than halfway there. 
  • Options
    I always hesitate before clickkng ln this thread. Get back to the house Chris
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    On my way home I learned the link to a local college went down due to a laptop fire, sheesh, glad that's not my problem. 
  • Options
    firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That no one is on
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's strike one.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Sorry, feel asleep in the recliner last night. 
  • Options
    I learned that if you access the vherf with a mobile device it will call people who are not on. Sorry to anyone who got a late night call from me. Also that may be a helpful bit of info to post on the main page. Thanks for the info Phil!
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That can be turned off, I think.  No clue how though.  You back home?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    You bet got home Friday. I love being home
  • Options
    I learned that if you access the vherf with a mobile device it will call people who are not on. Sorry to anyone who got a late night call from me. Also that may be a helpful bit of info to post on the main page. Thanks for the info Phil!
    The way to avoid calling people in the middle of the night is to always click on the vHerf link from the forum to start Hangouts, that opens the room to the standard vHerf hangout and doesn't call anyone.

If you open Hangouts and select a past call that was going on, it'll call up the participants of that call.

Unfortunately, I haven't found any way to save the vHerf link within Hangouts to bring it up strictly within the app, I've only been able to start it from the link.  I have saved the link to other apps (evernote) just in case I lose it here on CCOM (and even put it in my sig).

Don't feel bad, we've all done this in the past.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I have got calls, never heard them, just notifications. Maybe because I have 'Do Not Disturb' turned on at night as I still get about 3 facebook calls from those crazy Congolese I worked with a couple years ago, no concept of 9 hour time difference.

So, since I use an android pad, if I have called you in the middle of the night, I apologize. I work off of a link I coped from page 1.

Oh, and I hesitated before clicking this thread
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    There are a couple ways to 'bookmark' the Vherf link if you're using a computer, but with a phone I don't think so.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ricky's nickname is Disco. From now on there is no Ricky, only Disco.
  • Options
    And we dubbed @Stubble the Professor a while ago. 
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ricky's nickname is Disco. From now on there is no Ricky, only Disco.
    Thanks Charlie ;)
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I learned this week that Disco (AKA) @Rhamlin doesn't read the forum unless we tell him to, lol Ricky. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I learned this week that Disco (AKA) @Rhamlin doesn't read the forum unless we tell him to, lol Ricky. 
    Well that's not right. I read it all the time. I just been a busy bee. You All's just pickin on me. 
  • Options
    John doesn't like me very much.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Ralph doesn't either, but who cares?
  • Options
    LOL.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John doesn't like me very much.
    hahahaha
    you brought it on yourself, talking **** about my CT shade griffin's.

and man, i can't believe you made me almost lose those modelos as well.  lol

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    LOL, I could not help myself, sorry.  You sir a good sport, thank you for putting up with me.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    I think the dog was in on hiding those Modelo's from you.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Did you learn something new on vherf you wanted to share? Share it here. 

I learned that @Patrickbrick is running out of cigars super fast. Hmmmmm

I didn't read the whole thread, but knowing @Patrickbrick is running low, I may have returned back to the forum just in time....  >:)
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CvilleE said:

I didn't read the whole thread, but knowing @Patrickbrick is running low, I may have returned back to the forum just in time....  >:)
    Dafug you been!?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    CvilleE said:

Dafug you been!?

Hiding out!  Work, travel, fam...you name it.  Been a bit....glad to see you are still around brother!   So since I'm trying to catch back up, just how low is Patrick?   :)