Home General Discussion
Options

calibrating a Xikar Hygrometer. This is news to me.

13»

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, the Xikar's starting to catch up, 74% now, others steady at 75%. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    that's what I saw too Chris, I am guessing it's because the holes for the Xikars are on the top
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Xikar finished up at 74%, the Western Caliber at 77% and the Hygro-Set was reading 77% and dropped to 76%, close enough for me.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put my MiEO digi hygrometer in a gallon ziplock with a 60 gram 72% boveda to check the accuracy. It's been in there for about 23 hours and it's reading 68% at 73 degrees. Is that long enough to say surely that it's 4 points low? Also after reading this thread should I be using a Tupperware instead of a ziplock?
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a hygrometer?  Tupperware will have a better seal and it does not breath so for long term storage Tupperware is the way to go.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not using the ziplock for storage. I've got the hydrometer in there to check the accuracy
  • Options
    Mark0572Mark0572 Posts: 1
    Here was the variance I experienced with a Xikar PuroTemp round digital Hygrometer testing with a ziplock bag with salt, a sealed bowl with salt and the Boveda 75%, and the Boveda test bag.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd guess that's within Xikar's range or tolerance of how exact they have to be.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running 2 desktops and a cooler with Bovedas.  There's a Xikar digital in each synced to a wireless display.  I just glance at the thing when I walk by or toggle through the channels quickly.  As long as I see a 6 in front of the Rh, I'm happy.  
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...