Home General Discussion
Options

Heartbreaker

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will be sorely missed, Barry.  I'm blessed to have known you. 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep those pics coming even though it brings me to tears...
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Nothing I can say can express my deep felt pain.   Speechless......
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Wow...this is such sad news.  Barry was a class act and a gentleman.  Always great running into him at Cigarfest each year, always with a big smile and plenty to say.   Got to have a little campfire herf with him just this past Spring...seems like yesterday.  RIP Barry Bauman.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Rough news to hear. Always enjoyed his fellowship and company in Chicago. RIP Barry. You will be missed. 
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad sad sad news. I have not had much interaction but what littlw
    i have had was very impactful. Many prayers to Barry's family and friends. God speed sir!  We shall toast your memory soon. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    RIP Barry.  You were great and giving man.  You truly made the world better on your way through.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sad to hear, I really enjoyed speaking with Barry on the vHerf, the nicest guy. Let us know how we can chip in and remember a great BORK. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man I hate to hear this.  I'm going to miss him here, he helped me get acquainted with how to navigate the forum etc. when I first started.  Very sad.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad to hear of this, May he rest in piece.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump if any info comes up
  • Options
    Phil_from_ChicagoPhil_from_Chicago Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    To those traveling to the wake today and funeral tomorrow in Canada drive safely and say goodbye to Barry for me. Give his kids a hug as well.
    Originally from Chicago

I enjoy good cigars and bourbon,

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just came in to browse and terrible news. He was a old school fella who I first talked to on the sister forum when I was more active. Always a nice guy and positive fella. RIP :(
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I always hate seeing stuff like this! Great man and too young! Sorry I'm late to this but rip and please keep this updated for things we can do to help
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Just checking back in on the forum to see this horrible news.  Godspeed Barry.
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man. This is truly sad. I didn't realize who he was until I saw the photos and realized I spent a lot of time talking to him at the Chicago herf. He gave me someo great smokes and some pointers, and was extremely pleasant to talk to. Very nice guy and this is tragic. I hope his family can heal and find some peace. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    cigarbreathcigarbreath Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Here's Barry's obituary:  http://www.lifenews.ca/announcement/6862964-bauman-barry-lee

Notice at the bottom you can make a donation in Barry's name.
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the Delay everyone.  

I traveled with a group from Michigan to the wake and Funeral and was honored to be a pall bearer for Barry.  The service was beautiful, and the support that came out from his town, family friends, and coworkers was amazing.  He has two beautiful children, Hilary and Simon who were his world.

I would like to start a collection and make sure the money that is collected goes to activities that the kids would have been doing.  They were very active in sports, and other church activities.  I have spoken to a few of Barry's close friends about it, and they are looking into ways that we can make this happen.  

I was considering starting a Gofundme, but they take 15% of what is collected.  does anyone have any other suggestions?  I could always do my paypal, and get them a check or cash when we are all set, but was just wondering if there are other options.

Barry's Family appreciates all of the love and well wishes that were sent in these times, and also the time that Barry spent with us, he cherished beyond believe.  Hope there were some good smokes smoked in his honor.

I will keep everyone updated with information as i receive it.
  • Options
    Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update @Trident. Glad you were able to represent and take such a huge role in remembering Barry. I never got to meet him, but it's clear that he had a huge impact on the forum and he will certainly be missed. 

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paypal sounds good to me, either way let us know what you decide Roman. Thanks again and appreciate the update, glad it was such a good ceremony though wish it had t have happened in the first place. Best wishes and looking forward to seeing how to contribute. 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    PayPal friends n fam will prob be best.  Let me know what you decide on.  Great to hear the experience was good 
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭

My sympathies to his family & loved ones. I know he really enjoyed the Chicago Herfs and sharing with all of the Brethren here . We lobbed a bomb or two at each other. I'm sure Bearb & Beatnic are rolling & smoking some good ones, while sharing some epic tales.

Ride On