Home Cigar 101

Making own Cigars

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

edited June 2022

I torqued this nubber three years ago

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthmas!

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthmas, Davis.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost what do you consider when making a blend? Do pick a certain tobacco to stand out and blend around that?

I have been able to make a couple „ok“ nicotine bombs but I have aged them Frank style. I also have a limited stock, my next purchases will be some Nicaraguan, Cameroon, and Brazilian leaf.

Any tips for beginners

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been looking into doing some myself. I have a 5 3/4 x 42 and a 6x46 mold on the way. Been looking at a few different places to buy leaf. Any suggestions @deadman ?

There's Whole Leaf and Leaf Only, I've tried Whole Leaf when I picked up some Perique for pipe tobacco but they have cigar leaf there too.

I’ve been checking out both of those. Just haven’t made my mind up yet.

edited November 2022

I use both of those. There’s also Total Leaf Supply. I usually have my order the next day with them.

Leaf only sells by 1/4 lb so you can sample but unless you pay extra for expedited processing then it takes two weeks to receive your order.

Whole Leaf takes usually a week for delivery. They also have a forum that Webmost would post on.

@Rdp77 Hey Rusty, Leaf Only is doing a Black Friday sale. 15% off sitewide for the next 4 days.

@deadman said:
    @Rdp77 Hey Rusty, Leaf Only is doing a Black Friday sale. 15% off sitewide for the next 4 days.

Thanks Nick!!

@deadman said:
    Made my first mold. 5 1/2 x 48
    Got my jig setup in a comfortable position for the top as you can see by the reduced burning

What did you make it out of? Oak?

@Rdp77 said:

@deadman said:
    Got my jig setup in a comfortable position for the top as you can see by the reduced burning

Yes, there’s a certain wood used for molds but I couldn’t source it locally. I figured oak would do for a test run.

@deadman said:

@Rdp77 said:

@deadman said:

Yes, there’s a certain wood used for molds but I couldn’t source it locally. I figured oak would do for a test run.

I’ve been considering making a couple. I figured oak or maple would work best. Let us know how it does.

Looks good enough to smoke, what's the blend?