Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Dentures?

2»

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy for you, Tony!
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for you Tony, I am suprised you had the patience to put up with that so long
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Good for you Tony, I am suprised you had the patience to put up with that so long
    I threatened to throw the dentures against the wall several times.
    Plus I just got to the point where I refused to wear them and then didn't care.

And it's family I was dealing with, so I was able to tell them what I though every time I went in there. I told my niece I want the number of the place that made them.
    She said they no longer deal with them. I said I wanted to give them 8 months of discomfort. 
    Why is it that my family never let's me do that? LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear you finally got some useful chompers, Tony. Time to attack a few ears of sweet corn now!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you got it going your way.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This reminds me to be grateful for every blessing, even teeth.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hararuyah!!  Good for you, Dude. Pain-free at last. I'm happy for ya. 
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well pal, I'll tell ya. I hope yours are perfect and you never have a problem.

I got so tired of having repairs done to repairs, especially root canals, finally said f it and had them all pulled.
    Have had mine for 4 or 5 years and I still don't like them.
    Can't eat apples or carrots.
    Wear them maybe 1 out of 10 days.
    My gums have hardened to the point I can eat most things with no dentures, I eat slower and chew longer which is probably a good thing.
    If I am going to socialize I wait until the last minute to put them in because they come loose at the worse times.

At least I have dentists out of my life. I think that it is all guess work at best, and hit or miss.....is standard.

• Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got some of my front teeth knocked out with a 12 ton jack handle, I went with the implants.
    The dentist assured me it wouldn't hurt......famous last words.
    When I told him it felt like someone had drilled a hole in my mouth and screwed a 3 inch wood screw in it, he laughed and said, we'll yeah, cuz that's exactly what we did.

Hope I never have to go thru that again, hurt worse that getting them knocked out.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.