Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Trumpyland and Pencelvania

2»

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ridiculously shittty piece of human garbage candidate is better than your ridiculously shittty piece of human garbage candidate!
    Don't know wether to agree or LOL, but the party candidates are both an embarrassment. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time for a third party.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    This morning, I got to the office early, & since no one else was in, I tuned in WIP Sports Radio. Somehow Angelo got on the topic of campaign signs. Apparently, there are virtually none in Philly. Angelo asked callers to report on signs in their own yards. Out of all the callers, guess how many had a Hillary sign? Zero. Bupkiss. One sparky old gal from north of the city said how she'd had to put up one Trump sign after another cause night time visitors came by tearing them up. On caller from Zoo Joisey reported a fence down the street from him covered with nothing but. Another said there was an immense Trump poster in their town and everyone was dropping by to sign their name on it.

Still don't think he'll win. Fraud this time round will be epic.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    This morning, I got to the office early, & since no one else was in, I tuned in WIP Sports Radio. Somehow Angelo got on the topic of campaign signs. Apparently, there are virtually none in Philly. Angelo asked callers to report on signs in their own yards. Out of all the callers, guess how many had a Hillary sign? Zero. Bupkiss. One sparky old gal from north of the city said how she'd had to put up one Trump sign after another cause night time visitors came by tearing them up. On caller from Zoo Joisey reported a fence down the street from him covered with nothing but. Another said there was an immense Trump poster in their town and everyone was dropping by to sign their name on it.

Still don't think he'll win. Fraud this time round will be epic.
    Does voting fraud exist? Sure, I don't doubt it; so does gerrymandering.  And both happen on both sides.

But nothing anecdotal in this thread or elsewhere shows me that Trump is losing because of bias or fraud or any other reason.  He's losing because he's unqualified.  Thankfully, the properties with 800 Trump signs still only get one vote per voter. 

Unfortunately, so do all those who don't have Hillary signs but are supporting her. 

What would happen if we had an election and nobody showed up?  (My apologies to anti-war protestors.)  I saw a meme today saying this election was like mom and dad fighting over custody of the kid, but the kid just wants to live with grandma.  Give me grandma.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to be a lot of Trump signs in my neck of the woods but almost all of them have been taken down this week.
  • Options
    Went down to Middletown DullAware Wednesday. DullAware, of course, is a Dem state, and home to our dain bramaged veep. Zero Hillary; prolly 20 Trump. My fave, tho, was a hand made "Gary Johnson -- because character matters".

Then rode up to Elizabethtown PA, two hours away. Some Amish farm land, then busy Lancaster, then a little freeway. Zero Hillary, maybe forty Trump, no Johnson.

• Options
    Dude, I don't care about your politics--because it's all a mess--but I need an excuse to visit E-town.  Lancaster, too for that matter.  I can't justify the visit for a single reason.  In my mind I need to multitask.  Give me a third reason to head to the neighboring county, man!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Martel said:
    Dude, I don't care about your politics--because it's all a mess--but I need an excuse to visit E-town.  Lancaster, too for that matter.  I can't justify the visit for a single reason.  In my mind I need to multitask.  Give me a third reason to head to the neighboring county, man!
    There's a cigar lounge in downtown Lancaster (http://www.lancastercigar.com/). 
    There's another on Manheim Pike (http://www.dnscigar.com/).

I haven't been in either of those.

There's a hole in the wall cigar lounge on Rt 30, used to be Olde Worlde Tobacco; recently bought by Cigar Cigars. I've been in that one. Friendly place.

You also might enjoy a performance at the Christian theater on the road to Strasburg, I believe the place is called Sight and Sound. There's another called Living Waters near there too. My handball partner goes to these performances and says they're great. Could take your progeny there.

There's a multitude of places to eat in Lancaster; but I've yet to find a good one.

There's that Dutch Wonderland your yunguns might like.

What am I up to now, five, six reasons?

• Options
    Kids are too old for Dutch Wonderland.  Sight and Sound may be fantastic, but even with a connection tix are expensive.

Really, what I meant was if you're over there and want to hit any of those lounges, I have reasons to head that way.  None of which are vital and necessitate a trip, but would add up to enough in order to smoke one with a BOTL.

• Options
    Long as you don't mind me showing up on a murdercycle, sure thing. When you want to go?

But, hey, my good friend here plots a pig roast at his nifty little farmette next Saturday. We could surely herf there. What you up to Saturday? 

I'll PM you my cell.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the demographics shows that Trump has a commanding lead in the 45+ age groups, while Clinton has a slight lead in the 45 and younger age groups.
    I find it interesting that age group plays a part in it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Millenial = naïveté, n'est pas?   B)