samsung garbage

0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 8,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone for work and I was working on a piece of equipment and someone tried to "help" me and knocked the phone out of my hand and shattered the screen.
That isn't why I think they are garbage.

I think they are garbage, because there is no way to repair the screen without paying a fortune to have it repaired.
The glass can't be replaced by itself without damaging the digitizer and the digitizer with the glass on it is almost $300.
Not to mention that the back is also glass and most times breaks when it is being removed.

Who designs crap not to be repaired?
My LG phone takes about an hour and $40 for the digitizer to replace it.

So now I'm stuck with a phone for the next 2 years with a busted up screen.
There is no crisis that a good cigar can't cure.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Lake Zurich IlPosts: 5,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put packing tape over it, this will keep it from getting worse and you wont cut your fingers.  Side note nothing is made to last or be fixed, this way we are forced into buying new crap more often.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • 0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 8,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just kind of irritating that I've never had a phone you couldn't repair the screen at a reasonable cost.
    I put one of those screen protectors on it, but it's still irritating when you try and read work emails from it and the phone has a password, the work email has a password and the letters are so damn small. LOL!

    My brother has the same phone and he was playing games on it and got out of his truck on a real cold day and the screen just popped. 
    My LG has taken a dive off my truck onto the ground and other than giving me a heart attack, it didn't break.

    Why Samsung's screens seem to be so susceptible to breaking, I don't know.
    But when a company makes something that is $600-$700 to purchase, you would think that it would be repairable.
    There is no crisis that a good cigar can't cure.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

    Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 FloridaPosts: 7,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use an otter box. Saves me the head ache. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill
  • jbohonjbohon Woodland, CaPosts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put my iPhone in a lifeproof. Haven't had any issues since and it gets dropped pretty regularly. 

    “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [email protected]$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • WylaffWylaff Reno, NVPosts: 4,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I leave my iphone naked, because it's a work phone and I want a replacement. This damn thing doesn't break even when I throw it though...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

    I hate myself, and I don't regret any of it.

  • CrisiusCrisius Hoquiam, WAPosts: 430 ✭✭✭
    I got a "Life Proof" case for my S7. Dropped it, had it fall in a puddle, etc. No problems. A 500 dollar phone with a 90 dollar water proof and impact resistant case? I have no "regerts".
  • jgibvjgibv John G.Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I use an otter box. Saves me the head ache. 
    ^^^^^ THIS

    my iPhone (with otter box) took a brief dip in the ocean and still works fine.  Otterbox FTW!

    * I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

  • MartelMartel Somewhere in PAPosts: 3,280 ✭✭✭✭
    I've never understood the samsung love.  Bought 3 phones from them and had problems with them all overpromising and underdelivering.  Haven't touched them since probably 05.

    I do miss a certain game on my old greenish screened bar style samsung phone, though.  It was great for time wasting, didn't use "data" to bombard me with ads and didn't limit play.  Candy Crush can't say any of that!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

    I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 FloridaPosts: 7,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel said:
    I've never understood the samsung love.  Bought 3 phones from them and had problems with them all overpromising and underdelivering.  Haven't touched them since probably 05.

    I do miss a certain game on my old greenish screened bar style samsung phone, though.  It was great for time wasting, didn't use "data" to bombard me with ads and didn't limit play.  Candy Crush can't say any of that!
    Really comes down ro preferance. I have an s6 and had the s4 and s2 before. Never had an issue. I like the fact that i can change anything i want on my phone where as the iphone offers a user friendly phone for beginners.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill
  • jlmartajlmarta 50 miles from ParadisePosts: 7,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is almost as bad as one discussing politics.  :D. Don't let me get started on it. 

    I'll simply say that I tried a Samsung once and will be eternally grateful that ATT had a two-week trial period on it. I made it for ten days before I took it back and got another iPhone. 

    Thank you, Lord, and thank you, ATT......   B)
  • MartelMartel Somewhere in PAPosts: 3,280 ✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Martel said:
    I've never understood the samsung love.  Bought 3 phones from them and had problems with them all overpromising and underdelivering.  Haven't touched them since probably 05.

    I do miss a certain game on my old greenish screened bar style samsung phone, though.  It was great for time wasting, didn't use "data" to bombard me with ads and didn't limit play.  Candy Crush can't say any of that!
    Really comes down ro preferance. I have an s6 and had the s4 and s2 before. Never had an issue. I like the fact that i can change anything i want on my phone where as the iphone offers a user friendly phone for beginners.
    Whoah, where did I say anything about being an Apple fanboy.  Give me HTC or Motorola any day; Android all the way!  Just not Samsung.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

    I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • jgibvjgibv John G.Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #MakeFlipPhonesGreatAgain


    * I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

  • Usaf06Usaf06 FloridaPosts: 7,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel said:
    Usaf06 said:
    Martel said:
    I've never understood the samsung love.  Bought 3 phones from them and had problems with them all overpromising and underdelivering.  Haven't touched them since probably 05.

    I do miss a certain game on my old greenish screened bar style samsung phone, though.  It was great for time wasting, didn't use "data" to bombard me with ads and didn't limit play.  Candy Crush can't say any of that!
    Really comes down ro preferance. I have an s6 and had the s4 and s2 before. Never had an issue. I like the fact that i can change anything i want on my phone where as the iphone offers a user friendly phone for beginners.
    Whoah, where did I say anything about being an Apple fanboy.  Give me HTC or Motorola any day; Android all the way!  Just not Samsung.
    Ahh sorry. I had an htc prior to my galaxy s2 and wasnt bad. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Lake Zurich IlPosts: 5,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They all suck ass.  Would love to go back to my indestructible Nextel, man I miss those days.  Plus they used to hand you a new phone if you had insurance, now that **** is useless and expensive.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • avengethisavengethis Sorry, I ate all your bacon!Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had many Samsung phones and never had issues with them.  Usually after my 2 years I was able to sell them for more than what I paid for them with the special deals you would get on a contract upgrade or whatever.

    I now have the Nexus 6p which is pretty awesome.  I have just a basic rubber case around it and it has held up very well.  I am a year in with no scratches on the screen and it has been dropped a few times.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

    "I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • silvermousesilvermouse Cape CodPosts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like phones, -tele, -flip, -cell, or -smart. Damned nuisance.
  • jlmartajlmarta 50 miles from ParadisePosts: 7,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like phones, -tele, -flip, -cell, or -smart. Damned nuisance.
    One man's ceiling is another man's floor.....  I do about 98 - 99% of all my 'putering on my iPhone - hardly ever turn my laptop on and never turn my PC on......   B)
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Grand Junction Co.Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My galaxy's have spent every minute of all their lIves in an otterbox.
    I drop it about 20 times a day
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

     What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast St. John IndianaPosts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    I have only had what company provided for last 15 years. NEXTEL MILITARY INDESTRUCTIBLE,  BLACKBERRY, AND MOST RECENYLY OLD J3 SAMSUNG. Only found it necessary to put Otterbox on the Samsung. Haven't dropped it yet. 
Sign In or Register to comment.