Home Non Cigar Related

Spicy peppers

Comments

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ElJimboLet me know if you need seeds. I have a ton of them and would be happy to send you some of the Ghost and a few others I have :) Let me know
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

edited February 2017
    This is my go to hot sauce

Lots of flavor and heat https://chile.nmsu.edu/details/518
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    WaterNerd said:
    @ElJimboLet me know if you need seeds. I have a ton of them and would be happy to send you some of the Ghost and a few others I have :) Let me know
    Fo' sho' @WaterNerd, in return I can send you some piquin peppers (they're small but pack a punch like habaneros) and maybe a coupla sticks of 5 Vegas. I'll pm you my addy.
    ¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata
    WaterNerd said:
    This is my go to hot sauce

Lots of flavor and heat https://chile.nmsu.edu/details/518
    I'ma hafta try that one, made by the same people as sancto scorpio. If you're able, try the Melinda's, it's got heat and flavor. 
    edited February 2017
    @ElJimbo PM sent :)

— Abraham Lincoln

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that like Butte Jolokia or butt jolokia? I need more heat for my red chili but habanero just tears me up downstream, any suggestions?
    A little dirt never hurt
    dirtdude said:
    Is that like Butte Jolokia or butt jolokia? I need more heat for my red chili but habanero just tears me up downstream, any suggestions?
    Ghost pepper is just another name for the bhut jolokia.

As for as the burn , both going down and out, I've heard Milk works great. The fats absorbing the capsin oil or something... There are chili recipes that add milk?
    edited February 2017
    dirtdude said:
    When I started my heat tolerance was really low. I started with the Holy Jolokia hot sauce after trying it at a friends house. In the beginning I would only add 1-2 spashes to my burrito, now its like 10-12 every other bit! If I over do it (get the hiccups) I drink some milk or eat some cheese.

The new Mexico Pepper Institute has a lot of sauces you can try and I recommend trying them all! Have fun :)
    — Abraham Lincoln

Bump.

Just wanted to share what @WaterNerd sent me last week: Seeds for ghost peppers, the Carolina Reaper (which I haven't tried yet), and Chocolate 7-pot Douglah (one pepper's hot enough to spice 7 pots of chili). Thanks again, Allan. :)
    Have fun with those @ElJimbo Keep us updated on how they do :)
    — Abraham Lincoln

WaterNerd satid:
    Have fun with those @ElJimbo Keep us updated on how they do :)
    Will do. B)
    This is my go to hot sauce Link

Lots of flavor and heat :)

— Abraham Lincoln

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Trish. Showed that to the family

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peter is a gamer 
    A little dirt never hurt
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Peter is a gamer 
    I agree. I can eat HOTTT with the best of them,  that silly One Chip Challenge multiple times and some peppers that brought tears to my eyes, but to eat it that slowly in so many bites... I bow to you @peter4jc lol
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just watched that for the third time today. Had to share with @BlueUnicornTrainer before bed
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Funny thing is, two years later, and I'm still just as stupid.  Go figure.
    Yes, but your taste buds are starting to come back.  The best I can do is the Scotch Bonnet.  Down here, of course, they all talk about the North Carolina Reaper.  I have not tried it.  I'm crazy, not stupid!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Peter is a gamer 
    Dat Peter - he da man.....   B)
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to think that after dating a gal from Thailand when I was young and living in El Paso and Korea I could handle some heat.  Eating the entire pepper like that with no other food is way above my level.

What did you have afterwards?  Milk, bread, rice, icecream?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing except another pepper.  ;-)

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Nothing except another pepper.  ;-)

and Chaptstick for both ends!  Was making MY eyes water toward the end there, wow.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hadn’t seen this before and Amanda and I just watched it and cracked up hahaha! Thanks for the entertainment Peter, can’t imagine the pain and no thank you I never want to try it either lol. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pssshhhhh....
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know, it's like a normal Tuesday for you.  Child's play.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many thanks for this info, Edward @silvermouse. If it checks out it could be an answer to our prayers. 
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Many thanks for this info, Edward @silvermouse. If it checks out it could be an answer to our prayers. 
    I read a few more articles on RTX...it does sound very promising. Thanks for sharing @silvermouse

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb