Home General Discussion

Ye Olde CI Daily Banter

Comments

• TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few things that make me think I have been blessed to live in the era I have lived in.  67 SS Nova, 68 Chevelle, 1972 911 RSR. The original Temptations with David Ruffin and Eddie Kendricks, The Stones.  Not a huge Beetles fan but gotta throw them in there too.   Blantons, **** Creek, Sophia Loren, Raquel Welch.  Now that is quite the assortment of vices and obsessions......Oh, and FWIW, Maybe I have had more than 3 Stone's IPA....lost count.....
    ...HolA... right there wth you Brother.  The last time we Herf'D, that Band played some of OUR favorites.
  • Ozzy73Ozzy73 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭
    There are a few things that make me think I have been blessed to live in the era I have lived in.  67 SS Nova, 68 Chevelle, 1972 911 RSR. The original Temptations with David Ruffin and Eddie Kendricks, The Stones.  Not a huge Beetles fan but gotta throw them in there too.   Blantons, **** Creek, Sophia Loren, Raquel Welch.  Now that is quite the assortment of vices and obsessions......Oh, and FWIW, Maybe I have had more than 3 Stone's IPA....lost count.....
    Hello....you forgot JONNY HOLMES.....hi from the land of oz....and a hopped up AMC PACER

• AteupwithitAteupwithit Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Ozzy73 said:
    Hello....you forgot JONNY HOLMES.....hi from the land of oz....and a hopped up AMC PACER

LMAO ala Hohn Holmes....I actually built a Gremiln X with a radical Crane Cam and an edelbrock Torquer along with a 750 DP holley.  Too much of everything...Greetings Oz.....
    TruDog said:
    ...HolA... right there wth you Brother.  The last time we Herf'D, that Band played some of OUR favorites.
    Hola my BrothA.  How are things in the MouTh this fine afternoon?
    "ya can't always get whatcha want....but if you try sometime, you'll find, ya get whatcha ya need....So True......
    TruDog said:
    .....No complaints, ran some errands and washed cars, drank several Heineken.  And You???

"ya can't always get whatcha want....but if you try sometime, you'll find, ya get whatcha ya need....So True......
    ....Exactly, and yes.  This place is just post watchA Feeling and No strings attached.
    ....Very oY Friendly, just say'N....and MikeY Too.
    TruDog said:
    TruDog said:
    .....No complaints, ran some errands and washed cars, drank several Heineken.  And You???
    Made the obligatory trip to the Home Depot to pick up a 12 foot step ladder.  All is well in Celina.  I so dig 97 degrees....Gawd, its hot....
    TruDog said:
    TruDog said:
    Made the obligatory trip to the Home Depot to pick up a 12 foot step ladder.  All is well in Celina.  I so dig 97 degrees....Gawd, its hot....
    .....CooL, but it's that "Dry Heat"...   My tolerance is limited after numerous "Heat Exhaust" jumps at work.  
    Built a early 70's playlist on Spotify to listen to in that old LS5 Vette. Mostly Stones, Temptations, CCR, Edwin Starr and the like.  Works pretty well while consuming beers and cigars on the back patio as well.  I grudgingly accept the fact that it is 2017.  That old car is like a time machine for me.  Carbon footprint roughly the size of Godzilla.  I mix a half tank of 100 octane leaded racing fuel and 93 octane, kick Gimme Shelter off and away I go.  For a few minutes I am 16 again.....
    TruDog said:
    TruDog said:
    TruDog said:
    .....CooL, but it's that "Dry Heat"...   My tolerance is limited after numerous "Heat Exhaust" jumps at work.  
    Yeah, that Tyvek protects you but keeps all that crap in right up against you.  Kinda like being in a tobacco barn in August, you just can't get away from it.....
    Built a early 70's playlist on Spotify to listen to in that old LS5 Vette. Mostly Stones, Temptations, CCR, Edwin Starr and the like.  Works pretty well while consuming beers and cigars on the back patio as well.  I grudgingly accept the fact that it is 2017.  That old car is like a time machine for me.  Carbon footprint roughly the size of Godzilla.  I mix a half tank of 100 octane leaded racing fuel and 93 octane, kick Gimme Shelter off and away I go.  For a few minutes I am 16 again.....
    ...Damn You Duke...I wanna Burn a DooB now.
  • cigarbreathcigarbreath Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes when I read a few posts in a string, I realize that context is totally unnecessary...
    Good Afternoon Gentlemen.  My internet is repaired and all is well in my world about 3 Stone's in.....
    Was is das 3 Stones?  Afternoon Duke.
    Dam warden rode her broom out here and demanded that I sweep the patio....Left the broom so I could.  Why is it so appropriate that **** came up on the play list right after that???
    Ramblin' philosophical Duke.
    edited July 2017
    Ok, Stones song off of sticky fingers.  One word, Starts with a B.  Websters unabridged defines it as perverse, rebellious woman.  Y'all figure it out.
    I can not believe that Kn0b Creek got censored....But on second thought, I would do well to censor it myself from time to time....
    Scrob your knob.
    LMAO.....THATS what happens when a bunch of old dudes  have internet access.....just sayin....INDEED....
    Ok, Stones song off of sticky fingers.  One word, Starts with a B.  Websters unabridged defines it as perverse, rebellious woman.  Y'all figure it out.
    ..."****"...

TruDog said:
    ..."****"...
    ...B-i-A-t-C-H...

Sometimes when I read a few posts in a string, I realize that context is totally unnecessary...
    Good Afternoon Gentlemen.  My internet is repaired and all is well in my world about 3 Stone's in.....
    Was is das 3 Stones?  Afternoon Duke.
    Hey Mike. FWIW, I am still using the 2011 CFest Ashtray out here.  And this is still keeping me away from the needle nosed Vise Grips....

TruDog said:
    Twist one up......
  • Ozzy73Ozzy73 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭
    TruDog said:
    Twist one up......
    Ozz iz in "skunk weed"?
    right about now, some absolute and tonic with a little lime juice sounds pretty good.  I am pretty sure it would result in me giving half my crap away tho......
    Contemplating a Casa Magna Dominus II Tiberous.....If I were sure I would be unmolested out here for a couple of hours, it would already be on fire.......
  • 2hand2hand Posts: 352 ✭✭✭
    Contemplating a Casa Magna Dominus II Tiberous.....If I were sure I would be unmolested out here for a couple of hours, it would already be on fire.......

Fine smoke and choice of libation.
    If you don't like women drivers, then stay off the sidewalk.
    Looks like I have to play the part of dutiful husband and taxi driver....Hopefully, I will be back later.....
    Looks like I have to play the part of dutiful husband and taxi driver....Hopefully, I will be back later.....
    "Oh, dear…"