Home General Discussion
Options

Anyone getting errors using ccom?

2»

Comments

• Options
    havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Thank you for your admission.
    Next you'll say if I had a decent computer I could avoid sales issues, and then when I mention I have a Macbook Pro you'll knock me for making crap up and trying to impress people.
    BTW if you knew anything about business you'd understand that operating revenue doesn't equal disposable income. 

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    havanaal said:
    Thank you for your admission.
    Next you'll say if I had a decent computer I could avoid sales issues, and then when I mention I have a Macbook Pro you'll knock me for making crap up and trying to impress people.
    BTW if you knew anything about business you'd understand that operating revenue doesn't equal disposable income. 

Naw, I won't say any such thing.

IF I knew anything about business.
    You don't know me or anything about me. You are the one throwing the numbers around. If you aren't making a decent disposable income off of 1+ Mill sales, then my knowledge of business shouldn't be in question. Maybe your knowledge should.

I don't try and impress anyone. No need to.
    I'm nobody, just a guy making an observation.

I never said anything about your computer, so not sure why you would even bring that up. That is usually only something a gamer kid brings up.

I even agreed that they should have had some back up. But, of course, you went off without reading the entire thing. 

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    DavidOlivaDavidOliva Posts: 8

I find it quite interesting that the website is so screwed up that they cant reply back to you, but they can still send out emails for deals of the day. It would make more scene to me to stop incoming business and take care of current problems.  As for me, I place an order 7 days ago and have no idea if its been shipped. I do know that they withdrew the money from the account. I wonder if cigar.com is having more issues than they are saying.

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great read.  When a post starts off with a member named @0patience  as in Zero Patience telling you to calm down and be patient, you know its going to be a good one.

I love the newbs who brag about how much money they make, and are probably buying the brown bag sampler or a fiver of the house blend.  I would never make it in the retail business.  Guys like this I would end up in jail.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife ordered cigars for me from ccom as a surprise for Valentine's Day.  She was disappointed when they did not come in on time, but she got a really nice email that apologized for the delay and sent a code for a gift card. 

They came in just a few days late so it wasn't really a problem and she bought me better cigars than I buy myself because I'm cheap.

I called to place an order today and they told me they are still having problems so there might be a delay in shipping.  They warned me up front so it really isn't a problem and their past service has been tremendous.

As I tell my IT people here at the college, "I thought computers were supposed to make thing easier!"  I'm just sayin'...
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good evening gentlemen,

Heres the official and final update from me for the CI people. It has now been over 2 weeks since I ordered. Yesterday CI was so post to call me back, I never got a call. Today again no call back. Last night I officially opened a request to cancel the order. Again today I told them to cancel the order. As of 5 minutes ago both of my customer service canceling requests have disappeared from my account…My credit card still has not been recharged and my order still says processing with items changing to and from B/O to out of stock.

As of right now I am going to call it a closed case with CI and watch the credit card for unauthorized charges.  
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Cigar-713099Cigar-713099 Posts: 20
    Its one thing to have a glitch but its a totally different thing to call it 4 different other problems. If you have a problem with your software then why the hell are they still taking and messing up orders 3 weeks later?totally inexcusable and poor management doesn't matter what I think though all I know is I'll never buy here again. Worst purchasing experiance I've ever experienced.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    G'bye....... 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its one thing to have a glitch but its a totally different thing to call it 4 different other problems. If you have a problem with your software then why the hell are they still taking and messing up orders 3 weeks later?totally inexcusable and poor management doesn't matter what I think though all I know is I'll never buy here again. Worst purchasing experiance I've ever experienced.
    I'm sorry, you've obviously mistaken me/us for someone who cares.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    havanaal said:
    I am a business owner. Two to be exact, both $1 million + in annual revenue.
    Dumbest post of year?
    When I make a major software conversion, I do it on Sunday.
    THEN I TEST IT.
    Granted, if you're in online sales there's no down time. However if you're upgrading your "warehouse management system" guess what? There could be problems, don't you think? WELL, THERE WERE PROBLEMS, which means someone didn't anticipate it. I am putting myself in their shoes, and if I let down my customer base to this extent I'd damn well make up for it. Yes, it's only stupid cigars, available all over town and all over the internet, so so what? That's the point--very competitive business, hard to win over a customer's trust that's he's getting the best value. Then when you fail it's not easily forgiven. I stand by comments. Yes, one certainly can anticipate glitches. I do it all the time. AND I PLAN BACKUP.
    Well, aren't you "special'?
    If you are indeed a business owner with $1 mil+ in revenue, then why you buying at a discount cigar online?
    Why not do business with a local vendor?

I can make up what ever crap I want too, but don't try to impress us with bull$hit.

I'll agree that they should have had contingency plans, but anyone who buys anything online KNOWS crap happens and more often than not.

It's so tiring listening to people puff themselves up to make them sound so important. It's pathetic. 

Yep, I'm an a$$hole.

It is OK to be an a$$hole, but please do not be a whole a$$
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid........ :'(:#:s
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judas Priest you poopy heads.
    Stop pulling each others strings.
    Ccom and sisters have a problem, which they have admitted and are doing their best to remedy, "What" you don't believe them?
    We all know what great service they have always provided us. How about a little love for them in return.
    Of course I am getting seriously low on 5 Vegas Gold and I am starting to twitch..
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Judas Priest you poopy heads.
    Stop pulling each others strings.
    Ccom and sisters have a problem, which they have admitted and are doing their best to remedy, "What" you don't believe them?
    We all know what great service they have always provided us. How about a little love for them in return.
    Of course I am getting seriously low on 5 Vegas Gold and I am starting to twitch..
    Agreed, JD.

I have some Padrons I could send you to tide you over, but you probably wouldn't like them.  ;-)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluesol93 said:
    Sorry for the delayed response! We had maintenance last weekend, and your previously store credit cards were removed from the system but your wish list should be working. I just double checked my account and it's still there. 

For the Sprint Sale, you will have to create your preferences again - sorry about that! 

If you have any further questions, shoot me an email: sarahs@CIGARcom. 
    Thank you Sara @bluesol93  for responding so quickly to a post on the forum!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln