Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantabulous, today.  by Friday?  who knows?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How's my weather? HOW'S MY WEATHER? FugginSUCKS is how my weather is.

Well, not my weather. More like Denver weather.

The stepson died night before last. They have him on life support all brain dead in the Idaho Falls ICU. My RedHead just had to rush out there to say goodbye to her baby before they unplug him. Quickest flight we could find (at sky high cost I might add) was sposed to leave this afternoon, touch down in Denver this eve, & on to Idaho Fall tonight. Yeah. Right. At three a.m., she walks in the bedroom holding her phone crying cause they have cancelled her flight. Before I even roll out the rack, I say: "Prolly the blizzard in Denver." Sure enough, courtesy gorebull warbling, here comes a record blizzard shutting down flights. Their puter widget automagically reschedules her for a flight leaving this evening from philly, touching Chicago for an hour and a half, then on to Denver, where there's an eight and a half hour wait, until she finally leaves for Idaho Falls tomorrow around breakfast time. I tell her she's gonna wind up stranded in Chicago cause the same blizzard that cancelled the first flight will still be in Denver 4 hours later. All that produces is tears. She would rather be stranded closer than not try. So, OK, I swap the tix. Sure enough, here around noon they cancel the swapper. I finally find a flight from Baltimore that will take her to Salt Lake tonight... but from Salt Lake tonight to Idaho Falls she would have to take a hopper that costs like $1700 to go 200 miles via... you guessed it, Denver! En route from Denver to Idaho Falls, you get to visit either LA or Seattle or whatsit I forget, for like 26 hours flight time. Nightmare.

No wonder people go postal in airports.

So how's my weather? My weather is, it's raining schidt round here. Wife's not happy you know what that means.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Davis, hang strong, you and your Wife are in my thoughts. Let me know if you need anything.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Willy_MNWilly_MN Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭

70-80 MPH sweepers on the bike after work yesterday to 40 MPH in the Jeep after work today. 🤣
    Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations.
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a scene from Fargo.  I have to watch that again sometime.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    Looks like a scene from Fargo.  I have to watch that again sometime.
    @peter4jc   Ya, you betcha...great movie! 
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • Options
    @webmost   Just read your post above...so sorry to read this. Your family is in my thoughts, Brother.
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    59 this Morning, 98 this Afternoon. It was a dry heat but what a swing and it's only April. 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snow day. This may have been posted in here before but it's applicable.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much snow do you have so far?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    How much snow do you have so far?
    Ice storm last night and a foot of snow since. Trees and power lines hanging low. Neighbor's tree was on top of her house. 
  • Options
    Same as @CharlieHeis here too. Rain/ice followed up by 8-10” of snow. Combine that with the frost coming out, and the boys at work had to pull two semis out of a sink hole that developed in the parking lot this afternoon.
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • Options
    Willy_MN said:
    Same as @CharlieHeis here too. Rain/ice followed up by 8-10” of snow. Combine that with the frost coming out, and the boys at work had to pull two semis out of a sink hole that developed in the parking lot this afternoon.
    I'm sticking to my Mother Nature on crack or meth theory. Possibly heroin.
  • Options
    Willy_MN said:
    I'm sticking to my Mother Nature on crack or meth theory. Possibly heroin.
    I can see that @CharlieHeis...possibly all three at the same time 🤣
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • Options
    I'm sure you're all tired of my weather posts but I had to share this one. 
  • Options
    69°F and a bit smoggy. Enjoying the day outside with my Wife and Mom.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Hot and a few clouds
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    69°F and a bit smoggy. Enjoying the day outside with my Wife and Mom.
    Good to hear she's able to get out some already
  • Options

Stopped for dinner in Hollister at the municipal airport, almost home.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Front just came threw high winds dropped to 54 from mid 80s.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snow, not as much as Charlie, but still enough to be annoyed.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleet this AM and 70 this PM. Things seem to be moving fast.
  • Options
    Major blizzard a little over a week ago and over 80° today.
    Mother Nature. Meth. Fact. 
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's 60 above today.....
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice time of the year here, mid 80's and breezy. Possibility of 100 Friday so we know what comes next.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Major blizzard a little over a week ago and over 80° today.
    Mother Nature. Meth. Fact. 
    And more snow this morning during our thunderstorm. You can't make this up. 
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rained 21 out of the 27 days this month.