Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

For a change, it looks like we’ve got a whole week’s worth of moderate temp’s coming up....

I knew it would help if I would just behave myself for a while.... 😜

• Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Thinking of converting our porch to a humidor. Humidity has been upper 60s to low 70s for days...unfortunately it has been a bit warm - upper 80s to 90s...
    Forgot to mention that the AC decided to stop working on Sunday afternoon. Repair should be here today...

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

High humidity but in the low 70's up here. The garden is taking off.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

96, heat index 107.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Here’s this weeks forecast:

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was thinking of going up to Red Bluff, but I think I'll stay home this weekend.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Supposed to get hot here today. Weather folks are calling for a sizzling 83 degrees in the sun. It will be mid 70's in the shade.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

wind and rain headed for the southern New England coast this weekend
    https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boy, oh boy! I forgot how perfect a day of perfect weather can be.

After a couple of weeks of hot and muggy, it's like paradise having the windows open and a cool dry breeze blowing through. Upper 70's and low dew point. Same on tap for tomorrow, and then, unfortunately, another ten days at lease of hot and muggy. I don't know how you all in hotter climates do it; even w/ the A/C and comfy temps inside, these hot spells just wear on me something fierce.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

The next three or four days are going to suck but today is perfect. Barefoot and shirtless weather.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

This was yesterday...I don't know what the humidity or heat index was but 15 minutes in direct sun with the backpack blower on and I was completely drenched.
    Complete Shade 101 Hygrometer is not accurate.

Temp sensor in full sun but under umbrella for table on deck

Running on the Black Top... fvck that!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

Hot and dry for here. 91 in the sun and 78 in the shade. Thunderstorms tomorrow I hope, our garden needs rain.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

Effing hot and effing humid.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Beautiful day today.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wife’s car said 107 yesterday. News was calling for 95 and feel like 105

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hot as can be. But being from NY, you don't have to use the snowblower.

• Options

96 here today.
    meanwhile, looks like Florida may have a storm coming end of the week:
    https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml?start#contents

• Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭

118 today in Phoenix. A little after 7PM and we’re at 115. The radiant heat is roasting everything. Luckily we have low humidity right now. I’ll take that over high humidity any day

• Options

There's a blast from the past.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it has been sunny and in the 90s daily for a couple weeks, but that is fixing to change because of a hurricane with a name nobody can say. Isaias

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

80 during the day and low 70s at night. Lots of rain, we are living in a green world.

• Options

• Options
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Strange... the Mexican guys I’ve known who have that name pronounced it “eye-zay-us’. I would have thought a person would know how to pronounce his own name, n’est ce pas? 🤓

Edit: But then, the video specified that it’s Brazilian. The principal language there is Portuguese. I’ve never known any Portuguese or Brazilians so it may be pronounced differently there.

So, why then, does the storm have a Brazilian name? Did it originate near Brazil? 🙄😜

Post edited by jlmarta on
  • Options

Sorry, wrong video.

https://youtu.be/4n8BPv43vhE

• Options

Looks like it's coming to see you Edward.

@silvermouse said:

• Options

Not too fond of hurricane season. Got a lot of very large trees within striking distance.

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Poopy_Jones said:
    118 today in Phoenix. A little after 7PM and we’re at 115. The radiant heat is roasting everything. Luckily we have low humidity right now. I’ll take that over high humidity any day

I was in Las Vegas in July a few years ago and it was 123, but it was a dry heat. So is a microwave, but I wouldn't want to hang out in one.

• Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

The above seems to be how the Weather Channel is pronouncing it. I would prefer if they pronounced it a Former Storm and it just wandered out to sea. Unfortunately it looks like it will pay us a visit before it travels north to Edward. The current projected path would put the eye passing within 30 miles of our house on the coast. The eye would be west of us which means less storm surge but more wind and rain. We are definitely keeping an eye on Isaias and will probably be heading down this weekend to secure things as best we can.

After the craziness of 2020 along with Florence in 2018 and Dorian in 2019 I was hoping to at least avoid a storm this year.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis