Home Non Cigar Related

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still winter.....

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 If you take a fresh brewed cup of coffee and throw it into the air outside it will be frozen like snow before it hits the ground with that temperature right?

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

73*F Sunny nice breeze out of the North.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen Jim on the forum lately.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

@TX98Z28 .. not quite. I've tried it and it doesn't do that till -40. Most of it vaporizes at these temps but there's still enough liquid to get you wet.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    60°F at 8:00pm
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

29°F is forecast for the next few nights and they are calling for snow on the mountains. Which means if it is snowing at night, my nights may get a little long this weekend.

I hate snow. 3 1/2 more years and snow will no longer be a problem.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

tornado watch again, batten the hatches

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

55°F and 90% chance, but the 9 mph wind gusts are making enjoying my New World Cameroon more challenging.

edited March 2020

82F Partly Cloudy, High 84F. Everything is budding out except Hickory's and Pecan's. Spring's basically here.

^That posted strange, WTF.

• TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

The pollen storm is coming! It has barely started and my blue truck has a yellow tint.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Same here yesterday> @TBonz said:

The pollen storm is coming! It has barely started and my blue truck has a yellow tint.

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah we started with pollen as well... but I will take the warmer weather

I'd take pollen over what we're getting tonight. 8-12 inches of snow forecast over the next 2 days. Spring sure ain't here.

• TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think we got 8-12" of pollen (although allergy sufferers may disagree) but the red-brown bricks of our patio are now mostly a yellow-green as is my blue truck. Temps were in the upper 80s on Friday evening but high in the upper 50s today with rain. Hopefully the rain will help with the pollen...

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

According to the weatherman in Paducah, we're supposed to get two days in a row without rain this week. How am I supposed to take him seriously when he says crazy stuff like that?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

85 today and mid 40's tonight.

88-90*F here today, very windy and sunny. Rain and cool front coming through tomorrow.

Winter just isn't giving up this year. Mid 20's and snowing yet again.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the weather sees that you have put the snow shovel away it is more likely to snow. I don't know why it behaves that way, maybe opposition defiance disorder due to an unhappy childhood.

@silvermouse, I really wished it worked that way. My snow shovel lives outside all winter; keeps the metal cold so snow doesn't stick to it. The guesser's are calling for another 4-8 inches by Sunday night. I'm starting to run outta places to put it.

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tried of the wind....The past two days 20-30mph gusts. We've been working between a couple of hangers that act like funnels...Makes finishing concrete a pain, plus all the dust in the eyes don't help matters.
    Highs in the mid fifties….But felt like it was in the thirties.

edited April 2020

Rain, lots of rain.

https://youtu.be/3mbBbFH9fAg

4 inches of fresh snow with more on the way. Winter just ain't givin' up.

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wind again today.....This time I was down in a ditch running the laser receiver while digging to lay pipe....Nothing like getting sand blasted all day. Got sand in nooks and crannies I didn't know I had.

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

34 and snowing. Global warming my @as.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    edited April 2020

70 and sunny today, the women are working in the yard to kick off spring break while I work from the man patio and watch.