Home Non Cigar Related

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunny and 66, with the old herf dog in my lap.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

See...We do get some "winter weather". Shot this out the front door while it was snowing. We ended up getting about another inch or so before it quit. We did have some icing on roads...schools closed :) Currently at 29F - They are calling for it to stay in the 30s today but high in the 50s tomorrow so it won't last long...

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    60 and sunny today and tomorrow.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

About three inches of the white stuff and 11 degrees yesterday night.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice time of year here, 4 seasons everyday.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

64* and gloomy

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winter took a break for a day or two, was 30 above Friday. Niw it's back. Woke to -10 this morning.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

First time in months that we got to sit on the deck and had a chimea going and smoked a nice cigar. Charlie has been a handful today as he's been getting into everything. Got me up at 4:30 this morning and then wanted to play. Plus he went out in the yard and busted through the fence so I had to replace that. It's been a very long day. I hope he settles down.

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    60 and sunny! B)

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

70* or so and gloomy. Everything is budding out! Pollenville awaits.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

60 degrees and sun today. Will change to rain, freezing rain and 4" of snow overnight and the low 30's tomorrow. Robins are here.

75 degrees and looking out the window of the office it looks like a nice, sunny day to be trapped inside pounding out reports.

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yakster looks like we are supposed to hit 80 today hopefully you are not stuck inside all day

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's that fun time of year where we get 40 degree swings. Only downside is the upper part only goes to 10 above. Almost 10 hours of sunlight though!
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...

30 degrees and snowing hard. Should be about four inches tonight. Beautiful to look at but cold as hell. Wood stoves will be cranking for the next two days.

80*F and blue sky sunny.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

all-winter total snowfall here on Cape Cod: 1.5".

• TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Edward - we had more than that here in eastern North Carolina...our single snow storm gave us close to 3" on the grass...

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spring-like yesterday. All the snow hits either north or south of us, while we remain in a narrow band of Gorebull Warbling.

Stuck the fire starters back in the shed and the ready supply of firewood back on the racks. Clearing the garage for some serious murdersickle wrenching.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

85*F Party Cloudy

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

There were some tornados north of me about midnight last night. It was a warm night with scattered storms. I was on Vherf with @Rhamlin , @Yakster , and @Trykflyr_1 and I did not even realize what was happening. It was pretty calm here but I had a northerly view and on the horizon I watched the lightning strikes roll through from west to east. Nashville was damaged and there were several deaths. Rural Putnam County to the east was hit and the death toll is highest there at 14.

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the update, Bob

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got power back on, here. Good to see @Bob_Luken is OK, anyone heard from @TNBigfoot68 ? Not too bad in my area, but apparently Nashville's been hit hard. I spent the weekend there, but haven't heard much news yet.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    So glad you’re ok! Hopefully Paul’s ok
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm good thanks for everyone that has checked on me. The storm was north of us. Keep TN in your prayers, the devastation is awful.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for checking in, Paul

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

Glad to hear that you came through the storm without issue, Paul.

• Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for checking in. A lot of people hoping you weren't hit.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW, I didn't know there had been a tornado hit this far west, but @jd50ae 's town had damage as well. I should have figured, since they always get hit over there. It's like the tornado jumps the Mississippi River and lands right there.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain