Hows your Weather?

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Milwaukee, WIPosts: 7,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still guessing right.....   High temps right around -25.   At least the days start getting longer tomorrow.
    How long until you see the sun again?  Is there any daylight today?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 north pole, alaskaPosts: 689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    We'll get about 3 hours of daylight today...maybe an hour and a half of sun above the horizon.   Start gaining 7 minutes a day by Friday, so 50 minutes a week..  Noon in Fairbanks, sun's just above the mountains to the south.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Near BostonPosts: 1,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It got warm enough to melt ice today.
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo IowaPosts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this doesn’t make much sense, but I’ll be on vherf tonight because of it, since I have a porch with a roof. 

• jd50aejd50ae West Gnawed Pencil, TNPosts: 7,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no snow......
    "Look it up" Bill Whittle = "Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions". Stolen from a post by @silvermouse ="I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I usually trust a dog when it doesn't like a person.” A lot of people. = "I would never trust a Democrat with a child or my wallet" They are on their way to ruining the country because fools keep voting for them. ="Don't you just love anonymous PC warriors and Keyboard Commandos"

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis South DakotaPosts: 5,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    We're getting a foot or more of snow as I type this, but this is more entertaining so I thought I'd share.
    Ken Light MOW Badge 2014
    2015 Gang War - West Coast
    40+ degree increase since Thursday night.   It's back to 0 again.  Damn those SUV's.
    It's  a mite.....brisk.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Cape CodPosts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just freezing today, supposed to get into the unusually warm mid-50's F this weekend. 
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭
    50's and 60's with sunshine the last couple days
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Quinton, N.J.Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy rain overnight, but sunny and 68 degrees for the middle of January.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior N.C. MountainsPosts: 1,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big storm last night. 71 today in the sun. My other was in Asheville last week and saw pear trees starting to bloom. Looks like some of the trees up here have their sap starting to come up 6 weeks to early.
    The Native Peoples of the Americas gave tobacco to the world.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Cape CodPosts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhubarb is breaking dormancy here. 
  • EulogyEulogy Bay Area, CAPosts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My weather app says it’s not raining but I’m going to say it’s raining.
  • YaksterYakster La Zona State of Mind when I haven't forgotten the coffee filtersPosts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not raining here, but 44 F ok the Man Patio.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today.

Join me on the vHerf or try the iOS vHerf Link for iPhones -Chris
  • Diver43Diver43 South FloridaPosts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is this snow of which you speak?
    Woke up to a partly cloudy 73F this morning.  Weather liar says high of 82F today 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    STILL no snow...................
    "Look it up" Bill Whittle = "Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions". Stolen from a post by @silvermouse ="I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I usually trust a dog when it doesn't like a person.” A lot of people. = "I would never trust a Democrat with a child or my wallet" They are on their way to ruining the country because fools keep voting for them. ="Don't you just love anonymous PC warriors and Keyboard Commandos"

It's odd how warm -10 feels after a week and a half of cold snap.
    #@^% Radar shows snow but none coming down.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior N.C. MountainsPosts: 1,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    14 degrees and a dusting of the white stuff. Got the wood stoves going in my studio and the house. Birds are really hitting the feeders.
    The Native Peoples of the Americas gave tobacco to the world.
  • deadmandeadman Midland, NCPosts: 4,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    14 degrees and a dusting of the white stuff. Got the wood stoves going in my studio and the house. Birds are really hitting the feeders.
    25 down here but not even frost.
  • IndustMechIndustMech FIBPosts: 2,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:

Must be a dry cold...
    Let's eat, GrandMa.
    Let's eat GrandMa.

Punctuation saves lives
    edited January 21
    deadman said:

Must be a dry cold...
    About 3 hrs away from @First_Warrior so the moisture for his dusting must be moving in with cold
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Near BostonPosts: 1,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    15f this morning.  Might as well be -100.   Brrrrrr!
  • jlmartajlmarta 50 miles from ParadisePosts: 7,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cold and rainy. To hell with it - going over to the lodge for a cigar this pm. Had enough of this drought (stogie drought, that is)

🤐
    Been a steady 10 to 15 below all week..  Good news is it's sorta kinda just a wee bit lighter to the south when I leave work now.   
    Been a steady 10 to 15 below all week..  Good news is it's sorta kinda just a wee bit lighter to the south when I leave work now.   
    Highs in the 60 last week and in the 30s this week. Can’t get acclimated 
  • TBonzTBonz Eastern, NCPosts: 361 ✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    Highs in the 60 last week and in the 30s this week. Can’t get acclimated 
    I agree...We are supposed to get back up in the upper 50s late this week...

• Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭
    50's here in Colorado. Only 1 inch of snow in the metro area since Dec. 1st. No measurable amount of snow this January.