Home Non Cigar Related

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a little cool, nice north breeze, very unusual for August.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10

That's not the daily high, it's round the clock to include daily lows.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10

@VegasFrank , how is the number calculated? is it the average of the recorded low and high? And how long have they been recording the temps there?

edited August 10

It's calculated by measuring the difference between Now() and the exact time since the temperature was lower than 80.0, so the official thermometer has not had a reading lower than 80 since June 20th at 4:54 a.m. As I recall, the weather keeping began in Vegas and at Nellis AFB (private dirt runway leased by the army Air corps at the time) in the 30s.

@TRayB said:
    @VegasFrank , how is the number calculated? is it the average of the recorded low and high? And how long have they been recording the temps there?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • KsqsmokingKsqsmoking Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭✭

The weather finally cleared up in PA after Debby went through yesterday. There was an E1 just south of me. @TRayB did you get that weather by you?

The obstacle is the way.

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perfect

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

@Ksqsmoking said:
    The weather finally cleared up in PA after Debby went through yesterday. There was an E1 just south of me. @TRayB did you get that weather by you?

Yes, we had bouts of heavy rain and wind since Thursday night, with steady to light rain in between. I didn't hear of any tornados, but it's not surprising. I don't have a rain gauge, but I've heard reports of 3.5 to 5" in various locales throughout PA. Currently it is gorgeous, 84 degrees and 52%RH, with a mild breeze, and puffy white clouds. Perfect for an outdoor smoke after cutting the grass for the first time in three weeks.

@VegasFrank said:
    It's calculated by measuring the difference between Now() and the exact time since the temperature was lower than 80.0, so the official thermometer has not had a reading lower than 80 since June 20th at 4:54 a.m. As I recall, the weather keeping began in Vegas and at Nellis AFB (private dirt runway leased by the army Air corps at the time) in the 30s.

@TRayB said:

Oh, I misread the image, and thought it said the average temp. Yeah, that's warm, for sure (but the desert thing).

Far west side of town, we got six raindrops in the north

Close call for our friends in the DR.

The obstacle is the way.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

46 degrees this AM.

It’s going to be a beautiful night to have a herf with the boys before they head back to college. Any ideas for some mild and tasty sticks for them? Maybe something a little sweet.

The obstacle is the way.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

In a word: Glorious.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ksqsmoking said:
    It’s going to be a beautiful night to have a herf with the boys before they head back to college. Any ideas for some mild and tasty sticks for them? Maybe something a little sweet.

New world cameroon.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:

@Ksqsmoking said:

New world cameroon.

Oliva G.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perfect smoking morning weather 🤙🏼

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

My disagree

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

91* w/ a 74* dew point.

I have to ask @VegasFrank, if instead of shooting his age, maybe he should try to shoot his temperature.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Supposed to be in the 100's again this week. Two things to be thankful for, the recent spate of 80ish degree highs, and this round of 100's isn't going to be nearly as humid as last time.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

71 degrees and thunderstorms

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mid 90s for now.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hot for here at 81 and high 50's at night. Dry for the past two weeks. Having to water the garden every day. We need rain.

• Beardedpop1Beardedpop1 Posts: 14 ✭✭

96 degrees feels like 102. Welcome to Texas!

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reed Timmer is in the area. That's never good.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28

Today is gonna suck but the next two days are going to be great.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.