Home General Discussion
Options

Craigslist Finds

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like 2 different towers.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the stickers, went from none to one to two and I would think the cigars would change over time, I know mine do but 2 diffrent towers @0patience, I don't see that.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    I saw the stickers, went from none to one to two and I would think the cigars would change over time, I know mine do but 2 diffrent towers @0patience, I don't see that.
    Top shelf. The wood grains look completely different.
    But that could be a trick of the light too. 

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Crisius said:
    That is nice.
    I'm already in enough trouble with the boss lady as it is. 
    Then again, I might just go for it to really rile her up. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you not take 4 current photos?  Does not add up at all.  What is actually in there, due to the conflicting photos how do I know what I am buying?  I smell scam, but it would take 5 seconds of questions to find out if the seller knew about cigars and what he had.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humidors in AZ scare me as I see what the heat/lack of humidity does to wood here, actually does the same thing to cigars. The humidors contents have a value, if in good condition, depending on what is in there today. I don't see a branding of any kind. Any guesstimates as to what the humidor itself is worth?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    That humidor can be found for less new.
    If the cigars are taken care of and it isn't all dried out, it might be worth a look, but like I tell my boys, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
    Finding a person to buy the lot for $1500 is gonna take some doing.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not a bad looking humi for the price. I'll soon need something that size for my loose Opus as I'm already outgrowing the 50 ct. desktop  :D
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Markwell said:
    That's not a bad looking humi for the price. I'll soon need something that size for my loose Opus as I'm already outgrowing the 50 ct. desktop  :D
    Go ahead and get a cabinet before you get married. I am having a difficult time selling the wifey on one. 
  • Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/hsh/d/diamond-crown-cigar-humidor/6271531933.html

If it's actually Diamond Crown even the 40 ct's go for 250. That's an insane deal.
  • Options
    Crisius said:
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/hsh/d/diamond-crown-cigar-humidor/6271531933.html

If it's actually Diamond Crown even the 40 ct's go for 250. That's an insane deal.
    Problem is, I don't see anything that says Diamond Crown anywhere.
    That being said, even if it's not, it isn't a terrible deal.
    But that's almost to Marysville and that would be a long drive for me. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    deadman said:
    Markwell said:
    Go ahead and get a cabinet before you get married. I am having a difficult time selling the wifey on one. 
    The current lady friend isn't even aware that I smoke yet so let's just hold our horses and see how that goes over first lol. Then again, a wood cabinet isn't likely to scare her off :p
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Markwell said:
    deadman said:
    Markwell said:
    The current lady friend isn't even aware that I smoke yet so let's just hold our horses and see how that goes over first lol. Then again, a wood cabinet isn't likely to scare her off :p
    Well, if she runs off when she finds out you smoke cigars, she ain't worth having.
    Might as well just get it over with and light one up around her and see what happens.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience said:
    Markwell said:
    deadman said:
    Markwell said:
    Well, if she runs off when she finds out you smoke cigars, she ain't worth having.
    Might as well just get it over with and light one up around her and see what happens.
    Mine bought me my first humidor and says I can keep smoking cigars and hookah as long as I don't go back to cigarettes.
  • Options
    Mine was like that. Bought me the first humidor and even some cigars, but now just says I have too many. 
  • Options
    deadman said:
    Mine was like that. Bought me the first humidor and even some cigars, but now just says I have too many. 
    I tend to get, "Where the hell are these coming from? You bought more? Don't you have enough yet?"

But I only buy off of a certain bidding site and I've never paid over half their normal selling cost. I limit myself to a max of 40 bucks a box and 25 per 5 pack. I've landed some really good deals like that and I just show her what the cost would be here compared to what I got them for and she quiets down a bit.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
     :D
    Crisius said:
    deadman said:
     You bought more? Don't you have enough yet?"

I get these two every time. 

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:

They were both fakes of course. The Monte's were obvious but the Party's were a little harder to spot.

I see these listing all the time and all you can say is that someone is making money on these. They are everywhere on Craig's.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    You can find them a lot cheaper...brand new
  • Options
    https://images.craigslist.org/00q0q_6a1sNegAruQ_300x300.jpg
    Anybody heard of this humidor?  How about the price, do you  think this is reasonable? I already sent him an email.
  • Options
  • Options
    I keep **** this up. Humidor with 125 sticks.  Price is $400.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much sense you got?  Cuz it seems like you got a whole lot more money than sense.   :D
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
     What's the name on the humidor? Pics of sticks? If you can figure out how to post the exact link that'd help lol. 
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd pass. One never knows how well the sticks were cared for. 
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    How much sense you got?  Cuz it seems like you got a whole lot more money than sense.   :D
    I got no money and I guess no sense. I just thought it seems like a nice deal
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    @Sleddog46 I love humidors and this one looks like an old end table one. There are a bunch on the market that you can buy new in that price range. If the seller gives you more info/pics on the cigars might be something to consider if the cigars are ones you would enjoy. I've been looking at getting a nice end table humidor since they look a lot better than the chests I currently have. Good luck and post pics when you get one :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln