Looking for advice - Keeping a nice burn in the wind

SmokerPaulSmokerPaul Cumming, GAPosts: 22 ✭✭
I’ve been at the beach for the last few days and trying to smoke on a screened in porch. There’s a constant 10-15 mph wind outside so probably 5-8 on the porch here. I couldn’t keep a Partagas Ramón y Ramón to burn smoothly at all and the night before with a Macanudo wasn’t much better. How do you smoke sticks and enjoy them when it’s breezy?

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I envy you the breeze. 
    Bill Whittle "Look It Up"
    "Always be the great person your dog thinks your are"
    "Never trust a politician who tells you how to pray"
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat West TNPosts: 4,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the old joke is; Smoking a cigar in the wind is like forgetting your anniversary, no matter how hard you work to make it up, you ain't gettin' any.
    "Do not trust in your own righteousness, do not worry about the past, but control your tongue and your stomach...a time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him saying, 'You are mad, you are not like us'." - St. Anthony from Sayings of the Desert Fathers.

"It is a simple matter to determine when a true genius has arrived on earth, all the dunces will convene to form a coalition against him."  --  Jonathon Swift

Simple reductive logic reveals every "Zero Tolerance" policy to be, in fact, a "Zero Intelligence" policy.--Me

• RhamlinRhamlin WVPosts: 6,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just try to find a place that has some wind blockage like next to a building. 
  • RhamlinRhamlin WVPosts: 6,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or keep your hand cupped around it. 
  • webmostwebmost Dull-AwarePosts: 4,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cherry windward.
    Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Cherry windward.
    I agree.  However, depending how strong the wind is, I tend to get a few small burn holes in my shirt.  If I don't do it that way, it burns weird.
  • HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier New Orleans, LAPosts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    What about cherry opposite the wind?
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat West TNPosts: 4,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    webmost said:
    Cherry windward.

Isn't she a pole-dancer?  How's that going to help?

:p
    "Do not trust in your own righteousness, do not worry about the past, but control your tongue and your stomach...a time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him saying, 'You are mad, you are not like us'." - St. Anthony from Sayings of the Desert Fathers.

"It is a simple matter to determine when a true genius has arrived on earth, all the dunces will convene to form a coalition against him."  --  Jonathon Swift

Simple reductive logic reveals every "Zero Tolerance" policy to be, in fact, a "Zero Intelligence" policy.--Me