Home Cigar 101

Looking for advice - Keeping a nice burn in the wind

SmokerPaulSmokerPaul Posts: 22 ✭✭
I’ve been at the beach for the last few days and trying to smoke on a screened in porch. There’s a constant 10-15 mph wind outside so probably 5-8 on the porch here. I couldn’t keep a Partagas Ramón y Ramón to burn smoothly at all and the night before with a Macanudo wasn’t much better. How do you smoke sticks and enjoy them when it’s breezy?

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I envy you the breeze. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the old joke is; Smoking a cigar in the wind is like forgetting your anniversary, no matter how hard you work to make it up, you ain't gettin' any.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just try to find a place that has some wind blockage like next to a building. 
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or keep your hand cupped around it. 
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cherry windward.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Cherry windward.
    I agree.  However, depending how strong the wind is, I tend to get a few small burn holes in my shirt.  If I don't do it that way, it burns weird.
  • HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about cherry opposite the wind?
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    webmost said:
    Cherry windward.

Isn't she a pole-dancer?  How's that going to help?

:p
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain