Coolidor Question?

Diver43Diver43 South FloridaPosts: 1,396 ✭✭✭✭✭

I currently have several Tupperdors that are kept in the spare bedroom. They have different cigars in them with a Boveda pack and have kept nicely.

Have been thinking of consolidating and making a coolidor.  Being kept inside the a/c house which we keep right at 74 F, all I really need to worry about is the humidity.

If kept closed until opened to add or restock the desktop humidor will I need more than Some large Boveda packs in it?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis South DakotaPosts: 5,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I only have a handful of bovedas and it holds steady. They now make an XL Boveda pack that would be perfect for a cooler
    Ken Light MOW Badge 2014
    2015 Gang War - West Coast
  • MarkwellMarkwell Central PAPosts: 1,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 4 of the XL Boveda packs in my cooler along with 3 or 4 regular sized ones that just looked lonely for a home. Works well for me. The cooler's been set up about 5 months now and I still haven't had a need to recharge the Bovedas. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • deadmandeadman Midland, NCPosts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 4 of the 60 grams and a couple of the small ones.
  • avengethisavengethis Sorry, I ate all your bacon!Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I run 70 qt coolers and use 6 of the 60 gram bovedas in them.  I like them better than the large ones because it allows me to spread them throughout.  I get 8-10 months before I need to recharge them usually.

Since you keep your house in the 74 degree range I would keep humidity lower than 70 percent.  
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Diver43Diver43 South FloridaPosts: 1,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks folks, I thought with a good seal and Boveda I would be OK.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    edited October 2017
    There's a bunch of guys out there who say you need a fan of some sort in your cooler to evenly circulate the humidity, but it's really not necessarily unless your cooler is the size of a coffin. As @peter4jc once told me, "just slam the lid hard once in a while and that'll circulate the air" lol.

*Edit: anybody ever try making a coffidor? That could be pretty boss.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Near New OrleansPosts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Since you can buy coffins at COSTCO, it would be easy to do, then, when your gone just remove the cigars and use it!

I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
  • deadmandeadman Midland, NCPosts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOGILLS2 said:
    Since you can buy coffins at COSTCO, it would be easy to do, then, when your gone just remove the cigars and use it!

:D what about being buried with your cigars.
  • YaksterYakster La Zona State of Mind when I haven't forgotten the coffee filtersPosts: 9,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    George Burns (1896 to 1996). For the vaudeville, radio, television and movie comedian, cigars were a constant prop, and he went to his grave with three in his pocket.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today.

Join me on the vHerf or try the iOS vHerf Link for iPhones -Chris
  • dirtdudedirtdude LaughlinPosts: 4,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would you call that? A Coffidor?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Near New OrleansPosts: 154 ✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    a humandoor to the other side!

I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
    dirtdude said:
    Just remember, I coined that name!

If any of y'all are buried with your stash, lemme give you a heads up...I'm comin' with my shovel. 
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis South DakotaPosts: 5,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be cremated with mine.
    Ken Light MOW Badge 2014
    2015 Gang War - West Coast
  • cbuckcbuck Milford, CTPosts: 5,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m going to cremate mine before I go!
  • IndustMechIndustMech FIBPosts: 1,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm cremating one right... now
    Let's eat, GrandMa.
    Let's eat GrandMa.

Punctuation saves lives