Home General Discussion

Coolidor Question?

Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I currently have several Tupperdors that are kept in the spare bedroom. They have different cigars in them with a Boveda pack and have kept nicely.

Have been thinking of consolidating and making a coolidor.  Being kept inside the a/c house which we keep right at 74 F, all I really need to worry about is the humidity.

If kept closed until opened to add or restock the desktop humidor will I need more than Some large Boveda packs in it?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I only have a handful of bovedas and it holds steady. They now make an XL Boveda pack that would be perfect for a cooler
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 4 of the XL Boveda packs in my cooler along with 3 or 4 regular sized ones that just looked lonely for a home. Works well for me. The cooler's been set up about 5 months now and I still haven't had a need to recharge the Bovedas. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 4 of the 60 grams and a couple of the small ones.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I run 70 qt coolers and use 6 of the 60 gram bovedas in them.  I like them better than the large ones because it allows me to spread them throughout.  I get 8-10 months before I need to recharge them usually.

Since you keep your house in the 74 degree range I would keep humidity lower than 70 percent.  
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks folks, I thought with a good seal and Boveda I would be OK.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    edited October 2017
    There's a bunch of guys out there who say you need a fan of some sort in your cooler to evenly circulate the humidity, but it's really not necessarily unless your cooler is the size of a coffin. As @peter4jc once told me, "just slam the lid hard once in a while and that'll circulate the air" lol.

*Edit: anybody ever try making a coffidor? That could be pretty boss.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    Since you can buy coffins at COSTCO, it would be easy to do, then, when your gone just remove the cigars and use it!

I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOGILLS2 said:
    Since you can buy coffins at COSTCO, it would be easy to do, then, when your gone just remove the cigars and use it!

:D what about being buried with your cigars.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    George Burns (1896 to 1996). For the vaudeville, radio, television and movie comedian, cigars were a constant prop, and he went to his grave with three in his pocket.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would you call that? A Coffidor?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    a humandoor to the other side!

I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
    dirtdude said:
    Just remember, I coined that name!

If any of y'all are buried with your stash, lemme give you a heads up...I'm comin' with my shovel. 
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be cremated with mine.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m going to cremate mine before I go!
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm cremating one right... now

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.