How Old Are We?

Comments

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    59 also, smdh, how did that happen
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    December '91. Looks like I'm second youngest :)
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    64,but some days my body feels like 164 but I've still got a mind that thinks it's  35 (I wish). I remember penny candy, gas at 20 cents a gallon, getting under your desk for air aid drills in elementary school. I remember getting our first air conditioner (boy that was some cool stuff) and also our first color t.v. I also remember going to a friends house and listening to the lone ranger on the radio as they didn't have a t.v. And I know where the high beam switch is on an older car. Good times for sure plus you never locked your doors.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    So what now @Markwell? You mutter something about "When I was your age" and proceed to tell me what you did 6 months ago?
    None of that back sass outta you, ya durn whipper snapper. In my day the young guns gave us old fogies cigars to show respect. The better the cigar, the more you respected that person  :D
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:

None of that back sass outta you, ya durn whipper snapper. In my day the young guns gave us old fogies cigars to show respect. The better the cigar, the more you respected that person  :D
    I'm fresh out of worthy sticks. I sent everytjing worth sending to our folks in the big sandbox in glocks cfw
  • Options
    I do, however have some primo white owls if that piques your interest?
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 here
  • Options
    I do, however have some primo white owls if that piques your interest?
    Lol I had to dig you. That was only a semi-serious dry beg :)
  • Options
    If you aren't already a piper then I can be of some assistance. I've drifted over to the dark side and I have a recruitment quota
  • Options
    I actually smoked a pipe during my high school years...mainly when I was track inspecting at the railroad. I had two of my grandfather's from the 1950's. Wish I'd held onto them. We might have to organize a trade - I'll shoot you a pm here in a little bit.
  • Options
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm I’m old enough to know better, and old enough not to GAF anymore!
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    58 for a few more months here.  We sure have a wide range of ages represented, guess I am close to the upper middle. Chuckled when I realized that I was wrapping up a Military career when a few here were born. I forget how old I am sometimes, until here at work some of the Colonels look really young.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    Hmmm I’m old enough to know better, and old enough not to GAF anymore!
    Reminds me of a song. I'm old enough to know better and still too young to care.
  • Options
    Older than dirt
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....In DoG Year'Z.......?
  • Options
    DaHat56DaHat56 Posts: 1
    I’m new here...and I’m threescore and two years.
  • Options
    Well s***, you are older than dirt
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kind of dissapointed @Captain_Call hasn't spent any time lecturing me about stuff I'm not interested in. We've been on the vherf multiple times and he's missing his chance since he's no longer the youngest.  
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even in DoG Years...
  • Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old enough to feel like one of the babies on here....yet still feel like a young buck in comparison :-)
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just turned 30 in March. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1946, way back in the dim beginnings of time. used ink wells in elementary school and had a dress code in high school. 
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just turned 55 last month.......That hurts just typing that.......55, time sure moves fast.