Home General Discussion
Options

New Boy Here....

Comments

• Options
    jw517jw517 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    Actually my wife really doesn't mind that much (Yet) Compared to some of my interests, I would consider this somewhat cheap.   

I guess that's one of the pluses of only being able to smoke a couple per week....It will keep the costs down.
    What are some of your interests ? I'm Mr. Curious.:(
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess the first one didn't take
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think one of our members is at King of the Hammers this week.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    jw517jw517 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    That's cool! 
  • Options
    Watching, not racing
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard new boy! I'm the same age as you, but I've been smoking cigars a bit longer. What are some of your favorite sticks so far?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    I think one of our members is at King of the Hammers this week.
    I've been watching live online. One of these days I'll get out there, it's just a big time and money investment.
  • Options

Welcome aboard new boy! I'm the same age as you, but I've been smoking cigars a bit longer. What are some of your favorite sticks so far?
    As of right now I gotta say Gurkha War Pig. It was an assault my virgin palate...But in a good way. :)

I'm going to start an new thread on my impressions on the different ones I try, mostly so I can look back and see what I've tried.  
  • Options

jw517 said:
    That's cool! 
    It's a big time and money type of thing, but it's something that I've been interested in since I could drive. 
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

As of right now I gotta say Gurkha War Pig. It was an assault my virgin palate...But in a good way. :)

I'm going to start an new thread on my impressions on the different ones I try, mostly so I can look back and see what I've tried.  
    Ghurka's on the Daily Deal.today. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that too.  Congratulations...  Mr. Formud Clayton.  Or is it Clayton Formud?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    ForMud said:
    I'm no longer just another number....I have a name.
    Congrats, and welcome to the forum.

Just curious, did you do anything lately too change the name or did it just seen like an admin had to approve you.
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    I noticed that too.  Congratulations...  Mr. Formud Clayton.  Or is it Clayton Formud?
    Clayton is where the mail is sent, Kenton is the closest red light, but Hartly is the closest fire dept.....Equals, I live in the sticks. 
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Hartly even have a redlight??? I feel IIke I remember it doesn't.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've gotta go over to Millington and check out the hardware store! Maybe you have. It's right next to the tracks across from the feedmill. That place was always like stepping back into 1940. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    There's a Post Office on Main, have you signed up for a newsletter yet?  Let me know in PM and I can send you the latest copy.
  • Options
    Markwell said:
    No, but it does have flashing red light......But the big news is, they built a Dollar General!!!!
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    Markwell said:
    No, but it does have flashing red light......But the big news is, they built a Dollar General!!!!
    Hey, you got your handle @ForMud, a little dirt never hurts 
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    deadman said:
    Actually my wife really doesn't mind that much (Yet) Compared to some of my interests, I would consider this somewhat cheap.   

I guess that's one of the pluses of only being able to smoke a couple per week....It will keep the costs down.
    Famous last words.   :D
     You will have a full cooler by next year 
    I was thinking about this comment as I was walking out of the Walmart with a 48 quart cooler in the shopping cart.......Well that didn't take long ( Shaking my head slowly )  :)
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    deadman said:

Famous last words.   :D
     You will have a full cooler by next year 
    I was thinking about this comment as I was walking out of the Walmart with a 48 quart cooler in the shopping cart.......Well that didn't take long ( Shaking my head slowly )  :)
    Is that the island breeze. That’s the one I got but I need to get a bigger size now.
  • Options
    That's the one......No I'll never need anything bigger.

Tune in here next week as I go shopping for a walk in cooler :)
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This is just my speculation at work here but ,the Igloo 48qt Island Breeze Cooler has the type of hinges that are built-in to the lid and that would cause me to avoid this cooler. My guess is the long space, on the backside, between the "hinge points" will not seal well. You could use some weatherstripping to improve it but, better to choose a cooler with a "seperate" lid attached with external strap hinges that create a uniform seal all the way around the top with. I'd like to hear others opinions on this too. What do ya think?

• Options
    I did see that, I'm going to put a light in it and see if I can see it with the lid closed. If so I'll see if modifying the hinge to see that will fix it. 
    I'll post up my findings.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    I did see that, I'm going to put a light in it and see if I can see it with the lid closed. If so I'll see if modifying the hinge to see that will fix it. 
    I'll post up my findings.
    Good luck. I'm guessing a thin strip of weatherstripping might close any gap but then there's movement of the lid in relation to the bottom of the cooler. Curious to hear how this works out. Keep this in mind,.... Coleman Xtreme 70 quart. Bigger, better. LOL 
  • Options
    It doesn't look bad around the hinge area, the only place that shows a little light is the front two corner. I put a couple of weights on top and will see what kinda humidity it holds in the next couples of weeks.
    I did score a 2-1/2' piece of 1" x 6" Spanish Ceder for $5.00 the other day that fits nicely in the two grooves molded in the sides.
  • Options
    I lied when about not having a newb question....I know about the plastic that wraps the cigar / you can take it off or leave it on.....What about what they wrap the bundle with? Is it the same type as the individual wrap? Or something used for shipping?  
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started with a 48qt last year and it filled quicker then expected. My new coolidor I stepped up to a 70qt which should be good for a bit unless the Daily Deals get me 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....