Home General Discussion
Options

New Boy Here....

13»

Comments

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NorCalR1 said:
    I started with a 48qt last year and it filled quicker then expected. My new coolidor I stepped up to a 70qt which should be good for a bit unless the Daily Deals get me 
    I'm going to see how this size fits my needs first.....I'm hoping it will help me spend less over time....Well that's my plan
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now thats funny
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    I lied when about not having a newb question....I know about the plastic that wraps the cigar / you can take it off or leave it on.....What about what they wrap the bundle with? Is it the same type as the individual wrap? Or something used for shipping?  
    I'd think that if it sat in the vendor's warehouse for who knows how long with that wrap on, then it'll be fine if we store it that way too.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    ForMud said:
    I lied when about not having a newb question....I know about the plastic that wraps the cigar / you can take it off or leave it on.....What about what they wrap the bundle with? Is it the same type as the individual wrap? Or something used for shipping?  
    I'd think that if it sat in the vendor's warehouse for who knows how long with that wrap on, then it'll be fine if we store it that way too.
    I leave them in bundles and throw them rt in the cooler. Never had any issues and it keeps it organized & easier to find sticks without damage

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    ForMud said:
    I only remove them because I want to inspect the cigars.
    I have had some cigars show up wrapped and tossed them in my humidor. Later when I finally opened them, a couple had tiny holes.
    And most of us know what that means. So then I went through the whole freezer, inspecting and cleaning scenario.

And with a tower humidor, that's a chore.
    So now, I remove the plastic, inspect and freeze.
    But that's just me.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Thanks all....It looks and feels like it is the same stuff, just figured I'd ask.
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    Now thats funny
    A girl can dream can't she?  :)

I already know I'm going to fail miserably with that plan....It just makes me feel better saying it. 
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I figure by the end of April you will have another/bigger cooler.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I figure by the end of April you will have another/bigger cooler.
    Nope, not me, no way, never going to happen...............But I was thinking the other day, something else for longer term storage would be nice......... 

The wife did mention the other day "She wished I would've taken up bird watching instead"   

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good @ForMud

This usually sparks some debate, but spanish cedar in a coolidor - did you use spanish or regular cedar - doesn't really do anything, but add some aroma.  I think it was originally used as a bug repellent and now we think it should be in everything.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Yes it is Spanish cedar. It's in there for mostly for dividers/shelf. I'm not getting boxes of anything yet, so it's mostly packs of 5s and singles so it gets to be a mess pretty quick in there and they help.