Season a cabinet humidor

I am buying a 3000 ct cigar cabinet it comes with a Cigar oasis Magna.  What would be the correct way to season a humidor this size ? 

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Sorry, I ate all your bacon!Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the Oasis full and let it run in the cabinet with no cigars until it stabilizes.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • If I’m only going to have 300-500 cigars in that large of a humidor is that not going to be a good combination ? 
  • 0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 8,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I’m only going to have 300-500 cigars in that large of a humidor is that not going to be a good combination ? 
    Probably not.
    But, depending on where you are, if the humidity is relatively high, you might be ok.
    If you are in a dryer climate, the one humidifier might not be enough to handle it.

The problem with the large cabinets is trying to keep them stable.
    A lot of room and just opening the door will make the humidity drop like crazy.
    There is no crisis that a good cigar can't cure.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Good to know so basically don’t waste my time buying a cabinet then ?  Does it need to be at least 50 percent full to stabilize ? 
  • 0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 8,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to know so basically don’t waste my time buying a cabinet then ?  Does it need to be at least 50 percent full to stabilize ? 
    Not saying that.
    Use empty cigar boxes to take up the space.
    At one time, I thought I would never fill my tower. 

A cabinet is never a waste, unless you pay too much. LOL!

There is no crisis that a good cigar can't cure.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Yea I found a guy selling one of these with a Cigar Oasis Magna for 800 dollars.  Seems like a good deal but I’m not sure .  
  • matkn293matkn293 O'Fallon, MOPosts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not bad for 800 with the magna. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

F San Jose!!!!! Lets get it on!