Home General Discussion
Options

Season a cabinet humidor

I am buying a 3000 ct cigar cabinet it comes with a Cigar oasis Magna.  What would be the correct way to season a humidor this size ? 

Comments

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the Oasis full and let it run in the cabinet with no cigars until it stabilizes.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    If I’m only going to have 300-500 cigars in that large of a humidor is that not going to be a good combination ? 
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I’m only going to have 300-500 cigars in that large of a humidor is that not going to be a good combination ? 
    Probably not.
    But, depending on where you are, if the humidity is relatively high, you might be ok.
    If you are in a dryer climate, the one humidifier might not be enough to handle it.

The problem with the large cabinets is trying to keep them stable.
    A lot of room and just opening the door will make the humidity drop like crazy.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Good to know so basically don’t waste my time buying a cabinet then ?  Does it need to be at least 50 percent full to stabilize ? 
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to know so basically don’t waste my time buying a cabinet then ?  Does it need to be at least 50 percent full to stabilize ? 
    Not saying that.
    Use empty cigar boxes to take up the space.
    At one time, I thought I would never fill my tower. 

A cabinet is never a waste, unless you pay too much. LOL!

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Yea I found a guy selling one of these with a Cigar Oasis Magna for 800 dollars.  Seems like a good deal but I’m not sure .  
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not bad for 800 with the magna. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!