2»

Comments

• Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought 1 was better than 2
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One and two were really good.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    One and two were really good.
    And... they are Patrick-approved, no less.  @Patrickbrick

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope John Wick doesn't read this thread.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Really want to check out Brightburn. Looks wicked 
    And of course Godzilla 
  • Options
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was very good, jubilant, graphic historical wish fulfillment by Quentin Tarantino.
  • Options
    Went to see the movie Scary Stories to tell in the Dark with my wife and youngest daughter. This movie is based on the book that we used to read my kids at home and more often when we went camping. We all enjoyed the movie but my daughter kept laughing. It had some scary parts and was nostalgic.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    The Pacific cause I'm a old Jarhead.
     My Dad was a grunt and got frost bite in the Battle of the Bulge  
    Can't pass up binge watching Gunsmoke or NCIS.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks like it could be good.

https://youtu.be/l6EhE1q5UKM
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Looks good, is the next version going to be Ghostbusters: Air Bud?
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    Really want to check out Brightburn. Looks wicked 
    And of course Godzilla 
    Enjoyed them both. Brightburn was very dark. Kinda what if Superman was a bad kid.
    And Godzilla was just fun action packed .
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been watching the Ken Burns documentary of the Vietnam war.  Glad I didn't have to go.  At 17 I wanted to sign up, go kick some commie azz.  By 18 I had a lot of friends coming home from there.  They assured me that I didn't want to go.

What struck me as most interesting was the parallels in government speech with the policies we've seen in Vietghanistan.  The same drivel, over and over.  "They are getting much better"  "Their police forces are nearly ready..."  "The national army of Afghanistan is almost ready..."

SSDD

Sorry all, I've got some heart stuff scheduled for tomorrow and I can't have any caffeine or nicotine today.  Makes me a little nuts.   A little more nuts.  Surely by tomorrow afternoon I'll be back to my usual mellow non-confrontational self.    :#
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    I've got some heart stuff scheduled for tomorrow and I can't have any caffeine or nicotine today.  Makes me a little nuts.   A little more nuts.  Surely by tomorrow afternoon I'll be back to my usual mellow non-confrontational self.    :#

I hope it goes well for the heart stuff tomorrow. It's funny how caffeine and nicotine acts to mellow one out.
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    I've got some heart stuff scheduled for tomorrow and I can't have any caffeine or nicotine today.  Makes me a little nuts.   A little more nuts.  Surely by tomorrow afternoon I'll be back to my usual mellow non-confrontational self.    :#

I hope it goes well for the heart stuff tomorrow. It's funny how caffeine and nicotine acts to mellow one out.
    Thanks.  My Dad used to say there is no drug quite like nicotine, picks you up and calms you down at the same time.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought something similar when I watched it. "We have always been at war with Eurasia"
  • Options
    BadSneakersBadSneakers Posts: 156 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Anyone check out SW: Rise of Skywalker yet? I'm a stereotypical Gen Xer who grew up as a hardcore SW fan and I'm not really crazy about some of the things I'm hearing in the spoilers. I have a lot of mixed feelings about this trilogy in general, to be honest. I'm planning to see ROS with a friend in a few days and I'm going to do my best to go in with an open mind.
    It's funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating. - Jack Handey 
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, grew up with the original, prequel was Ok at best, not overly impressed by the new trilogy. Not going to go outa the way to see it but probably will eventually. 
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watched the Joker last night. Could be the worse movie I have ever seen.

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BadSneakers said:
    Anyone check out SW: Rise of Skywalker yet? I'm a stereotypical Gen Xer who grew up as a hardcore SW fan and I'm not really crazy about some of the things I'm hearing in the spoilers. I have a lot of mixed feelings about this trilogy in general, to be honest. I'm planning to see ROS with a friend in a few days and I'm going to do my best to go in with an open mind.

I thought it was good. I liked the ending and how it was all tied up nicely, which was a bit of a surprise. I also thought The Last Jedi was not terrible but not very good and Solo was pretty good and Rogue One was the best of them all by far. It's worth the rental fee, no doubt. I'm not much of a critic; if I enjoy the film and it doesn't hit too hard at the modern day social agendas, I tend to be okay with it. I think Kennedy's feminist itch was toned down a bit in this release compared to the Last Jedi, if that helps.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

"The Book of Eli"
    Post Apocalyptic traveler (Denzel Washington) on a mission to deliver a book.
    Lots of mayhem on his journey, but listen to his words.

• Options
    edited September 2020

Post edited by Amos_Umwhat on

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Wolf of Wall Street
    Shawshank Redemption
    The Accountant
    Jonh Wick Chapter 3
    The Revenant

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

Movie theaters are opening again ... I may wait to watch it, but I am excited to watch Tenet

• Options
    edited September 2020

@Amos_Umwhat said:

The Anonymous Disagree'r Starring No-Guts McFreeloader and his cousin Fearful Spamman. A cast of Puzzies like never seen before.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

I Care A Lot on Netflix is pretty good. Dark, but good, especially if you like Rosamund Pike.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Nomadland on Hulu.

• Options

@IndustMech recommended "Nobody" starring Bob Odenkirk and Cristopher Lloyd so we watched it last night on VOD, great violent movie, highly recommended.

• Options
    FIRERATFIRERAT Posts: 189 ✭✭✭✭

If you like creepy scary stuff I recommend Heredity. I warn you it is creepy but one of the best horror flicks I've seen in years.

Midsomar is another one by the same director. Again, creepy but very well done.

F**k You I'm drunk.....
    "I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just how I am,"-Homer Simpson