Home Non Cigar Related
Options

merry memes

Comments

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

@Yakster said:
    Oh, we get it, I think most of us are hoping this tasteless "joke" will just go away without us having to call anyone out for it.

I only mentioned the meaning of it because I (mistakenly) thought @Bob_Luken had expressed that he didn't understand the meaning. However, I now know that I simply misread what he had posted. Had I read his post correctly from the start you never would have heard another peep out of me about it.

In regards to the joke itself, I wouldn't call it a "haha" type of joke, but more of a joke that might get a quick initial laugh simply because of the serious subject matter, the unexpected punchline, and the overall surprise. The quick laugh would then be followed by some sobering thoughts.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't sweat it bro. We'll just let it die. Lot of multicultural family men on these forums. Know thy audience 😊

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure is

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EgoBoundary said:
    Yeah I make a lot of jokes. Explaining them makes more funny. Or was that a joke?

Well, I am a Norm MacDonald fan and he loved to explain a joke when given the opportunity. :)

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Aristotle’s definition of the comic in Chapter 5 of The Poetics: “The ridiculous is a mistake or unseemliness that is not painful or destructive.”

The tragic and the comic are the same, in so far as both are based on contradiction; but the tragic is the suffering contradiction, the comical, the painless contradiction… . The comic apprehension evokes the contradiction or makes it manifest by having in mind the way out, which is why the contradiction is painless. The tragic apprehension sees the contradiction and despairs of a way out.

quote lifted from this essay:
    https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/humor/

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I could have, I'd have hit LOL and Agree on that one.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain