Home Non Cigar Related

Work boots

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I wear the cheater style boots. 

I did actually google it and other than guessing,  I still actually don't know,... what are cheater style boots?  
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

I did actually google it and other than guessing,  I still actually don't know,... what are cheater style boots?  

Are they the ones with a side zipper so you can tie the laces once, then "cheat" by using the zipper?  Just guessing.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

Pull on boots. Kids used to say we cheated and didn’t know how to tie shoe laces. I said we were to smart to waste time on it 
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The very best boots I ever owned, and they lasted for years, were issued to me when I enlisted.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Bob_Luken said:

Are they the ones with a side zipper so you can tie the laces once, then "cheat" by using the zipper?  Just guessing.
    That was my first guess but google results did not confirm this. I also guessed that they could be short top workboots 4'' or 6'' not as tall as they could be, thus cheating. 
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    The very best boots I ever owned, and they lasted for years, were issued to me when I enlisted.
    and these boots are....    
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    and these boots are....    
    Made for walking......

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    jd50ae said:
    and these boots are....    
    Made for walking......

And that's just what they'll do...
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    ForMud said:
    jd50ae said:
    and these boots are....    
    Made for walking......

Walkin all over you.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    ForMud said:
    jd50ae said:
    and these boots are....    
    Made for walking......

One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you
    FIFY
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    ForMud said:
    jd50ae said:
    and these boots are....    
    Made for walking......

One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you
    FIFY
    Are you ready boots?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Knockin
    Great.....Now I got that song stuck in my head all morning.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been wearing red wings for years, but am not happy with how fast I wear out the soles as of late.  My friend Bill swears by Thorogood boots and has replaced his redwings with those.  It is time for a new pair of boots anyway so will look into those as well. 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invented by George? 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they bad?  Bad to the bone?
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    I've been wearing red wings for years, but am not happy with how fast I wear out the soles as of late.  My friend Bill swears by Thorogood boots and has replaced his redwings with those.  It is time for a new pair of boots anyway so will look into those as well. 
    I tried both Red wing and Thorogood this week.  I'm leaning towards Thorogood.  I'm now contemplating if I want steel toe or soft toe as they seem to not make a huge difference in weight.
     Also, I read reviews and watched reviews on YouTube. They say that the soles on Thorogood last a lot longer than red wing.
    peter4jc said:
    Invented by George? 
    Yakster said:
    Are they bad?  Bad to the bone?
    Don't forget the "Delaware Destroyers" part....I used to work right next to the sound studio were they practiced and listened to them all the time......Even hooked up with a girl after I told her I was Georges younger brother....Yes Delaware is a ever small state.  :)  
    I tried both Red wing and Thorogood this week.  I'm leaning towards Thorogood.  I'm now contemplating if I want steel toe or soft toe as they seem to not make a huge difference in weight.
     Also, I read reviews and watched reviews on YouTube. They say that the soles on Thorogood last a lot longer than red wing.

Good to know, thank you sir.  I like the safety toe/composite/steel, gives me piece of mind that if/when I drop something heavy on my toe box my feet wont be destroyed.   
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Went with Thorogood 6" Moctoe

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be honest, did you buy those because they came in "tobacco" color?
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are no good, Daniel...  can't see your socks.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a waste of socktillery
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chippewa logger boots or West Coast Boots 
    https://www.wescoboots.com/builder/default.aspx
    West Coast takes a pattern of your feet and builds the boots specifically for your feet. After a few years, I send the West Coast Boots in and they rebuild then the about half the cost of new.
    I wear only logger steel toe boots.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience said:
    Chippewa logger boots or West Coast Boots 
    https://www.wescoboots.com/builder/default.aspx
    West Coast takes a pattern of your feet and builds the boots specifically for your feet. After a few years, I send the West Coast Boots in and they rebuild then the about half the cost of new.
    I wear only logger steel toe boots.

I defiantly going with Chippewa next time round......I'm kinda afraid to ask the cost on the West Coast Boots. I'm not on my feet all day like I used to be, so it's going to be hard to justify the cost of a custom fit boot.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I paid $340 for my last boots from Westcoast.
    But man they fit good.
    My Chippewa boots are my go to boots, I save the West Coast for winter, when I spend as much time on the mountains walking in snow.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone (don’t remember who) once said a man should have two good things in life - a good bed and good shoes (boots) because he’s in one or the other for most of his life.....

peter4jc said:
    Those are no good, Daniel...  can't see your socks.

I too went with thorogood, let's see how long they last.
    MOW badge received.