Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Work boots

13»

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too went with thorogood, let's see how long they last.
    what'd ya get?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    I have a very particular set of needs in a boot and that 1 was aesthetically pleasing to me.  Out of the other few options.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah bro, you could of had a Chippewa

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Don't think they make a non-slip sole, water proof, 6" boot, but will look into them if I wear these out too fast.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Ooooo nice. You get the free shirt?
  • Options
    I opted for the mug.  Was a big fan of the 30.00 call in discount too.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    My boot saga is finally over.  The Thorogoods did not work, very, very uncomfortable when tied (the laces started too high for my foot).  I then went to Red Wing and after three tries on "non slip soles" I am right back where I started.  These so called "non slip" were only good for concrete, not enough surface area actually touching the ground.  Oh well my feet are happy.  
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im agonna reinlist just sos I can gets me a new pair.
  • Options
    My boot saga is finally over.  The Thorogoods did not work, very, very uncomfortable when tied (the laces started too high for my foot).  I then went to Red Wing and after three tries on "non slip soles" I am right back where I started.  These so called "non slip" were only good for concrete, not enough surface area actually touching the ground.  Oh well my feet are happy.  
    Awww that sucks. 
  • Options
    I clicked on this and get a free Thorogood boot ad on every site I visit
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a pair of Chippewa Paladin loggers last week. Started wearing them Mon with no break in time. Boots go on my feet at 4:30 am and stay on till about 7:00 pm.....These boots are the most comfortable I've ever had right out of the box. I can't wait till they really start to wear in.....Money well spent. 
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    I got a pair of Chippewa Paladin loggers last week. Started wearing them Mon with no break in time. Boots go on my feet at 4:30 am and stay on till about 7:00 pm.....These boots are the most comfortable I've ever had right out of the box. I can't wait till they really start to wear in.....Money well spent. 
    Living in a logging/commercial fishing industry community, Chippewa is probably the number one choice here, other than Oregon boot company. Oregon boot is better, but the cost makes Chippewa more common. Carolina boots is another top choice. I was given a new pair of Golden Retriever logger boots on a promotional giveaway and I do not like them at all. 
    Although, some guys have started buying Danner boots.

I will be getting another pair of Chippewa. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had Carolina for the last three pairs of boots. Quality has been going down as the prices are rising.   
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

My winter boots are Redwing and summer are danners. Both safety toe

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love my redwings. Have a couple pair of Georgia boots too. They’re ok. I have a pair of redwings that are around 8-9 years old. We actually still have a cobbler in town that will resole them and make any other repairs.

• Options
    edited March 2022

Although I love Redwings Mocs, Thorogood Mocs have been my go-to work boots. I just bought my 4th pair since I started this thread. These are more comfortable than any tennis shoes I have. ( I only wear Chucks and Vans so it's kind of a given)

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

You lost your socktillery game, DZR.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick loves him some red wings.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    edited March 2022

Funny thing my 6 month old boots look more worn than those 4 year olds. I’m thinking I spend too much time in mine.

MOW badge received.
  • Options

@Yakster said:
    You lost your socktillery game, DZR.

Is this a challenge?

• Options

Yes

MOW badge received.
  • Options

@Patrickbrick said:
    Yes

accepted

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Do not go to Home Depot wearing those until you get some dirt on them.
    nice sox

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    Do not go to Home Depot wearing those until you get some dirt on them.
    nice sox

Nah. I wear these to Lowe's and when I'm shopping for work wear, to the Carhartt department at Macy's.