Have you heard about Nicaragua yet?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken already sucked before joining forum,.....just sayin'.Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
I had not heard until Davis mentioned it in another thread full of wisecracks and some of you laughed like it was just another joke but, it's no joke. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Nicaraguan_protests

Not exactly NCR is it? 

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken already sucked before joining forum,.....just sayin'.Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • YaksterYakster I forgot the coffee filtersPosts: 6,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were talking about this last night on the vHerf while waiting for you to join.  I hope it's resolved without more loss of life.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today.

Join me on the Android vHerf (from link in Evernote on Android) or iOS vHerf Link -Chris
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 TexasPosts: 1,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I stocked up on Nicaraguan cigars...maybe grab some more Padron and call it good till this political drought is over.
  • webmostwebmost Dull-AwarePosts: 4,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    I had not heard until Davis mentioned it in another thread full of wisecracks and some of you laughed like it was just another joke but, it's no joke. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Nicaraguan_protests

Not exactly NCR is it? 

What? I wouldn't fool you guys. Everything I say is absolutely truthful and fully vetted. You can count on it.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat West TNPosts: 4,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extreme vetting at its best.
    "The change in culture has a lot to do with the eclipse of integrity and honesty and decency, and the normalization of corruption, deceit, and mendacity.  It's all about manipulating your political opponents to diminish them and show that they have nothing to say or contribute.  People no longer have dialogue. It's all monologue."  - - Cornell West
  • MartelMartel Somewhere in PAPosts: 3,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Heard about it from some missionary types first.  And some coffee guys I know.  They're pretty much one and the same groups, though.

I have enough cigars to last a while, so this won't affect me immediately.  Not that it matters. I just hope any kind of stall in delivery will actually help people.  May reasonable, equitable, and just solutions be found for all parties.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • deadmandeadman Midland, NCPosts: 2,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guy in Estelí has been putting videos up on instagram. Students protesting and fighting the police. Said it’s every night til like 3 in the morning.
  • deadmandeadman Midland, NCPosts: 2,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • RhamlinRhamlin WVPosts: 6,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad stuff 
  • ForMudForMud Aka; Quickdraw, Clayton, DelawarePosts: 767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like it's heating up down there.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/398269-rubio-crisis-in-nicaragua-could-lead-to-civil-war

At last count, I should be good for almost two years if I only smoke one a day.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Milwaukee, WIPosts: 4,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    Sounds like it's heating up down there.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/398269-rubio-crisis-in-nicaragua-could-lead-to-civil-war

At last count, I should be good for almost two years if I only smoke one a day.
    Or, buy sticks from the DR and Honduras...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    I bet the prices will skyrocket when supply can't met up with demand. There will 148 million less of them.

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/u-s-imports-330-million-premium-cigars-in-2017-most-since-1998-nicaragua-named-biggest-supplier
  • skydiverDskydiverD Chicagoland AreaPosts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't help myself.....the title of this thread made me do it.....  I can never get this movie line out of my head...….

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293 ;
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just spent some time making a wish list for when I hit the lotto.
    Sure are a lot of backorders listed at Ccom.
  • RhamlinRhamlin WVPosts: 6,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’ll sure suck if revolution breaks out. Especially with everything going on in El Salvador. 
  • webmostwebmost Dull-AwarePosts: 4,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am siting on about 50 lbs of fine cigar tobaccos which I stashed away against the eventual tobaccolypse. I ain't worried. Nic wants to shut down, I'm still rolling.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.
    ^  And close by too......