Home General Discussion

Have you heard about Nicaragua yet?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
I had not heard until Davis mentioned it in another thread full of wisecracks and some of you laughed like it was just another joke but, it's no joke. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Nicaraguan_protests

Not exactly NCR is it? 

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were talking about this last night on the vHerf while waiting for you to join.  I hope it's resolved without more loss of life.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I stocked up on Nicaraguan cigars...maybe grab some more Padron and call it good till this political drought is over.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    I had not heard until Davis mentioned it in another thread full of wisecracks and some of you laughed like it was just another joke but, it's no joke. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Nicaraguan_protests

Not exactly NCR is it? 

What? I wouldn't fool you guys. Everything I say is absolutely truthful and fully vetted. You can count on it.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extreme vetting at its best.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Heard about it from some missionary types first.  And some coffee guys I know.  They're pretty much one and the same groups, though.

I have enough cigars to last a while, so this won't affect me immediately.  Not that it matters. I just hope any kind of stall in delivery will actually help people.  May reasonable, equitable, and just solutions be found for all parties.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guy in Estelí has been putting videos up on instagram. Students protesting and fighting the police. Said it’s every night til like 3 in the morning.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad stuff 
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like it's heating up down there.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/398269-rubio-crisis-in-nicaragua-could-lead-to-civil-war

At last count, I should be good for almost two years if I only smoke one a day.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    Sounds like it's heating up down there.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/398269-rubio-crisis-in-nicaragua-could-lead-to-civil-war

At last count, I should be good for almost two years if I only smoke one a day.
    Or, buy sticks from the DR and Honduras...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    I bet the prices will skyrocket when supply can't met up with demand. There will 148 million less of them.

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/u-s-imports-330-million-premium-cigars-in-2017-most-since-1998-nicaragua-named-biggest-supplier
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't help myself.....the title of this thread made me do it.....  I can never get this movie line out of my head...….

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just spent some time making a wish list for when I hit the lotto.
    Sure are a lot of backorders listed at Ccom.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’ll sure suck if revolution breaks out. Especially with everything going on in El Salvador. 
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am siting on about 50 lbs of fine cigar tobaccos which I stashed away against the eventual tobaccolypse. I ain't worried. Nic wants to shut down, I'm still rolling.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

^  And close by too......