Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Going back to Istanbul and Izmir Turkey

13»

Comments

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thre is a TON of history associated with Turkey. I will visit the ancient city of Troy this coming spring

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Someday, I'm gonna make it to the Ephesus site in Izmir province.  One of my old seminary profs has been there many times and is considered an expert on the site...I'm eagerly awaiting the festschrift on Ephesus in his honor to be published; it's in the workks.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel said:
    Someday, I'm gonna make it to the Ephesus site in Izmir province.  One of my old seminary profs has been there many times and is considered an expert on the site...I'm eagerly awaiting the festschrift on Ephesus in his honor to be published; it's in the workks.
    We were in Izmir and supposed to visit there in August but ran out of time. We will go back in the coming year

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb